Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Child #603


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little one!  

Well, we certainly had an interesting morning at MOPS .... before our meeting, you and I played in the bonus room and I dressed you up in a cute little outfit.  Once we got there, I took you over to your play group .... the 'Crawlers' .... and I noticed that you were a little bit hesitant as I was signing you in (today you are child number 603 so I had to label you with a sticker on your back and your diaper bag so everything matched).  The last two times you played happily, but this morning you gave a little whimper for a second.  You appeared to be ok once you were in there playing, so I walked over to the other mommies and started talking and catching up.  

Things appeared fine .... the speaker got up and started talking about healthy eating habits for 'you and your family' and they even had racks and racks of used children clothes for sale from the church yard sale.  You couldn't start shopping until after the speaker, but they were selling onesies and outfits for $0.25 to $2!  I was so excited and even punched out $20 on our way to MOPS so I could pick up things for you and Peanut.  :-)

Then, I got a phone call .... you continued to cry in your MOPPETS play group so much, that I needed to come pick you up!  You've never had separation anxiety before, so I was surprised.  Once I came to pick you up, you stopped crying and smiled.  I gave you a little kiss and put you in the stroller.  :-P  The speaker was still going on, so I didn't want to go back in the big room .... especially since at that point you were babbling and playing in your stroller.  So, I walked you around the church for a few minutes to make sure you were ok, and then I loaded you in the car.  

We still had an hour left for MOPS at that point, but instead of hanging around for that long, I decided to head out and just spend time with you .... of course that meant no shopping for mommy.  :-(  So, we'll just have to be on the look out for more bargains!  

To be honest, I was finding the speaker a little boring, so I was glad to walk out.  :-P  I just hated to miss the shopping since there was so much there at a really good price.  Also, I have to admit, it did make me feel good that you did in fact need me .... you usually 'go with the flow' so often that some times I wonder if you miss me when ever I need to leave .... it was nice to see that you do indeed miss and need me as much as I miss and need you!  :-)

I called your daddy as we were driving away to give him an update.  He was glad you were ok, and found the story of me having to get you a little funny.  So did your Gigi and Grandpa Jim .... apparently, when I was little, I did the same to my mom at church and she had to come and get me too.  :-P  I guess it happens to the best of us.  ;-)

Once we got home, you immediately took a nap.  You probably slept from 11:30am to 1pm.  We played when you got up and then had some porch swing time.  We watched the neighbor kids play football in the cul-de-sac.  It felt nice outside and was even a little cool in the shade.  

We cooked dinner before daddy got home.  It wasn't fancy .... just pasta with some veggies .... but daddy liked it so it must have been a success.  ;-)  

I finished one more load of laundry as daddy gave you a bath.  :-)  Then, you and I played in the bonus room and watched daddy play some Wii bowling.  :-)  You crawled around and clapped at daddy.  After a while, I picked up one of my mandolins and practiced on the couch.  I haven't been picking up the mandolin in a while, but daddy's getting back into the guitar and banjo, so that's encouraging me to play more too.  Plus, you're the best audience since you don't care what notes I hit.  ;-)

When you started to rub your eyes, daddy held you as I brushed your teeth.  I used toothpaste today.  I brushed a little too hard and you started to bleed a little.  :-(  I'm sorry.  But, you quickly forgave me and started to play with daddy.  Daddy continued to hold you and you eventually fell asleep in his arms.  :-)

Tomorrow is another work day.  I know you and Penny will have fun together, though I still hate leaving you.  Save a smile and kiss for me!

Sleep tight little treasure!

I love you so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment