Friday, November 5, 2010

Fifty Five Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Today you are fifty five weeks old!  You're getting to be an old man!  But, you know who's older?  ;-)  Today is your Uncle James's birthday!  Since he knows how old you are, I'll tell you how old he is.  :-)  He turned 32 years old today!  UNC basketball season is upon us, and since Uncle James works in Chapel Hill, he has to work late for an exhibition basketball game.  But, he has sunday off, so we'll see him over the weekend to celebrate.  We did call and leave a message on his answering machine.  I sang 'Happy Birthday' to him while you stared at the phone.  You babbled before I dialed and after I hung up .... but once we were on the phone you sat there and didn't say a word!  :-P

You finished your apples and banana container.  Also, I bumped you back to half and half bottles to see how well you'll do.  So, now you have four ounces of toddler formula and four ounces of while milk in each bottle.  You did have a little hard poop this afternoon, but you didn't cry as much .... and then this evening you had a squishy poopy diaper with no crying at all.

Oh, guess what you can do now .... you can do a full hand and knee crawl .... no more scooting like a sea turtle!  And, you took a few crawls backward for me today when we were playing!  Good job little man!  :-)

We swung on the front porch swing together for a little bit this afternoon, but it was chilly so we came in after awhile.  I did take a video of you sitting on my lap while we were swinging.  I had a hot chocolate and you continued to play.  You also had the hiccups a lot after lunch! 

We played upstairs a lot this afternoon ..... you climbed all over me when I was in there with you!  I tried to take some video's of you crawling and waving!  You're so cute!  

Guess what I learned .... November is Prematurity Awareness Month .... so we tried to get the word out so others could help and donate to the March of Dimes.  Daddy's new company, Lenovo, sponsors events and donates to the March of Dimes, so we have a portion of his paycheck going to them to help.  The March of Dimes did a lot while you were in the hospital and helps support NICU's all over the country.  What a great organization that helps fight for healthy pregnancies and babies.  Their slogan is, "Working together for stronger, healthier babies."  :-)

This evening, daddy and I met up with one of daddy's old co-workers from his previous job, Barbara.  You've seen her before every time I would take you to see daddy for lunch.  She's really nice and has two grown sons of her own.  :-)  We all went out to eat at "ShabaShabu" and ate Asian food.  Yummm!  It was good.  Then, you showed off your crawling and waving.  ;-)

Tomorrow's suppose to be a cold and rainy day.  :-P  But, I think it'll warm up by next week.

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment