Sunday, November 14, 2010

Big Boy Breakfast


Dearest Joshua David~

How little precious!  What a fun day we all had today.  :-)

First, we all had a hearty breakfast!  I woke up to lots of kicks from Peanut, so I went downstairs and started making pancakes for breakfast .... I put some chocolate chips in them for fun.  ;-)  You didn't have any pancakes, but you did have a big boy breakfast of your own .... three tablespoons of cereal mixed with apple juice .... you finished your jar of sweet potatoes from yesterday .... four ounces of whole milk .... and four ounces of toddler formula!  Whoa!  You played afterward.  :-)

You had another hard poop today.  I rubbed your back and then daddy changed you.  You did really well with it, even though you cried a little.  You're still congested, but no fever.  So, we just watched you during the day to make sure you were feeling well.  

We all spent time this afternoon together in the bonus room .... daddy played the Wii and I practiced the mandolin for a little .... I think you liked watching daddy play Wii bowling and basketball because you appeared to clap for him.  :-)

I tried something new last night .... I had a humidifier on all night in our room.  I went to bed a little congested, but I didn't wake up sneezing like normal.  I usually wake up between 2am and 4am in a sneezing fit trying to get back to sleep.  I still woke up, but I didn't have a sneeze attack.  I'm hoping it helped you too.  

We had a family afternoon nap from 2pm to 4pm!  We didn't intend to sleep too, but you were so peaceful in our bed that daddy and I closed our eyes too.  We were on either side of you, though you never tried to roll.  The nap was refreshing!  :-)

After the nap, we all had an early dinner.  You ate some baby cheerios and a veggie with beef mix.  This was your first time eating beef!  You grabbed the cheerios with two fingers from my two fingers .... the pointer finger and thumb .... and not just in a 'rake grasp' .... and you put some (not all) of them in your mouth my yourself!  Good job little man!  

You had your usual evening bath and playtime with daddy and I.  However, while crawling around afterward, you hit your forehead on corner of my laptop and got a big welt there (since you still didn't have your helmet on).  We gave you Tylenol and put ice on your forehead.  :-(  Poor little guy.  You appeared fine after a while though.  :-)

Oh, when standing up against the play gates, you're getting better at getting down by yourself .... by bending your legs!  Woo hoo!  You still fall a lot, but I see improvement!

Tomorrow you have your physical therapy appointment and Peanut has an OB appointment.  Keep praying for your little sister and a healthy pregnancy!  

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment