Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Happy Veteran's Day!  This is an annual holiday in the United States to honor veterans who have served in the armed forces.  It's always celebrated on the 11th of November.  Lots of people had off for this holiday .... but not daddy and I!  We both had to go into work.  :-P  So, you and Penny got to play together!  ;-)

You were wide awake again before we had to leave for work.  So, we got to play with you for a little and start your bottle before Penny got here.  When Penny got here, she also made you a little bit of oatmeal for breakfast.  :-)  You finished your veggie and chicken container and continued with your fruit container.  By the end of the day, you had finished all your whole milk, so we'll need to grab some more of that for you.  Daddy and I ran out of our milk too, so we'll do a grocery run in the next day or two.  :-)  Oh, Penny said you ate 5 little cheerios.  Good job little man!  :-)

You and Penny also had some floor time together.  She read you more Bible stories from your little Bible book .... you all listened to music .... you apparently like the 'Itsy Bitsy Spider', 'Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes', and 'Patty Cake' .... you also took a nap and then had a nice walk outside to the park.  It was cool and breezy, but you were bundled and you all didn't stay out for long.  :-)

So, I got to leave work a little early so I could go home to help clean bottles and get you ready for Gigi and Grandpa Jim .... it took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get home because of a wreck!  So, I only got to spend a few minutes with you before I had to leave again for my Provider's Meeting.  :-(  Daddy was already here and getting ready for his soccer board meeting.  Both of us had meetings at 7pm, so Gigi and Grandpa Jim got here around 6:30pm to watch you.  I got back home from my meeting at 8:30pm, so I got to visit with the three of you all until Gigi and Grandpa Jim had to leave.

You had fun with them while daddy and I were gone.  You showed them all your toys and and you walked all around the play area for them .... holding onto the gates, of course!  ;-)  Gigi said she tried to organize all your toys for you, but every time she cleaned up something you would crawl over and throw the toys around again!  Ha!  :-)

You and I rocked until daddy got home.  You fell asleep on me, but when I put you in your bed, you started crying .... then, we noticed you were sniffling.  :-(  Poor little guy .... you have another cold.  You continued to cry and sound more and more congested until we put you in bed with us. 

I hope you sleep ok tonight and that you feel better in the morning. 

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment