Sunday, November 21, 2010

Both Cars


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  How are you?  :-)

You had your usual 4 tablespoons of cereal this morning mixed with apple juice for breakfast.  :-)  Then, you had an 8 ounce bottle .... four ounces were whole milk and four ounces were toddler formula.  I'm toying with the idea of giving you five tablespoons one morning since you appear to gobble it down pretty well .... but I'll hold off a few more days to make sure you're still ok with the four.  

After daddy and I ate, we all got ready and headed to church.  Gigi was playing in the praise team this morning, so we wanted to see her.  :-)  We sat in the back with you though, since you tend to babble once the sermon starts.  ;-)  Grandpa Jim and Gigi sat with us.  You got more active as the sermon went on, so Grandpa Jim ended up walking you out of church for a little so you could get your wiggles out.  :-)

After church, we visited with Grandpa Jim and Gigi for a little bit at lunch.  You had a bottle, but you were getting cranky since you didn't have a morning nap.  :-P  From lunch, we walked over to a pet store to grab some things for the cat.  While there, you saw and waved at some puppies.  :-)


You fell asleep in the car very briefly as we drove home, but woke up pretty soon once we got home.  Daddy and I put your 'pack and play' on the front porch and you got to play outside as we did chores.  :-)  Daddy raked the front yard since all the leaves have come down.  The other trees in the cul-de-sac still have leaves on them .... red, orange, yellow, brown .... it's really pretty .... but the big tree on our front yard has already lost it's leaves.  So, before people come over on thursday, we wanted to clean up some areas.  I also cleaned the downstairs bathroom and took out all the trash from every room of the house.  Daddy also swept the kitchen floor.  I also vacuumed out my car since the back has gotten dirty with the stroller. 

But .... here's the big news .... we closed on this house July 2nd .... today was the first time we were able to put BOTH cars in our two car garage!!  Daddy and I were so excited!  Once we finished clearing out and organizing the other side of the garage, you and I hopped in my car and pulled it in!  Woo hoo!  This will also be helpful on thursday when people come over since our cars won't be in the way.  Plus, no more cold mornings going to work or appointments!  :-)

Since we did a lot of chores this afternoon, we took it easy this evening.  We put the UNC basketball game on .... we lost again which was disheartening.  I'm hoping the Heels can turn this season around, or it'll be a long season for us.  You had your bath and then we played in the bonus room.  Again, since you really had no nap today, you got cranky as the evening progressed, but then you fell asleep in daddy's arms, which was completely adorable.  :-)  

Oh, we are now 26 weeks gestation with your sister Peanut.  I have marked on the calendar the date December 20th .... on that date, we'll be 30 weeks and 1 day .... one day longer than I made it with you due to the pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  So, when people ask me what I want for Christmas, I tell them that I just want to still be pregnant .... there's nothing tangible that I need but to have a healthy Joshua and a healthy Peanut.  So, keep praying that mommy is still pregnant for Christmas and that will be a wonderful gift! 

Tomorrow our new television should arrive.  Also, you have your physical therapy appointment.  If that goes well, maybe you'll be able to have them just twice a month?  We'll see.  Also, we'll check on the turkey .... it's been in the fridge since yesterday thawing .... I'm hoping tomorrow I can disinfect the sink really well and go ahead and wash the turkey inside and out.  :-P  I may disinfect during the day, and then wait for daddy to get home to actually wash the turkey .... in case you get fussy and my hands are stuck in a raw turkey.  ;-)

Sleep tight little angel!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment