Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello my little man!  Today is Election Day!  Election day is the first tuesday of November on election years.  This happens to be an election year for certain races (the biggest being for the US Senate).  When your Uncle James turned 18 years old (how old you have to be to vote), his birthday was on an election day and he got to vote for the president .... right on his birthday!  That's pretty cool!

This morning we played a lot in the bonus room.  I've been giving you bottles with a little less whole milk to try to help your digestion.  Each bottle had five ounces of toddler formula and three ounces of whole milk.  We're wondering if we tried to push you too soon and the milk is causing your poops to become harder (which is why you've cried with some of your last poopy diapers).  

At lunch, you had more sweet corn with rice.  I also gave you more apple juice to help increase your fruits and fiber.  I hope all this will help with your little bottom.  :-P

We waited until around 2pm this afternoon to go on our little walk.  It was still in the 50's, so I bundled you up and wore sweats myself.  ;-)  We walked up to the club house and voted for the elections.  You started babbling while we were inside voting.  I tried to get you to play with a little toy so that you wouldn't bother anyone.  :-P  But, we weren't in there for long, so I don't think anyone cared that you were talking.  :-)  When we left, there was a man there giving out stickers that said "I Voted."  I put mine on your helmet and took a picture.  Your other stickers (that spelled your name) were pealing off, so we took them off and cleaned the front of the helmet the other night. 

We walked back home after that (we were home a little after 3pm) and said 'Hi' to one of our neighbors who was on her porch swing.  They're UNC fans too and she has two kids (a little older than you though .... I think they're around 5 and 7).

Anyway, after the brief chat, we went in to warm up.  You immediately started to play downstairs as I watched and had a little hot chocolate.  ;-)

The rest of the day was pretty relaxing.  We cooked dinner and had it ready before daddy came home.  We made chicken with a veggie side all on the stove.  Daddy liked it, so I think that's a success.  Then, we had some ice cream for dinner.  You had more sweet corn and rice.  :-)

This evening we all played in the play room after your usual bath.  Then, you fell asleep in our arms since you didn't take an afternoon nap.  You were so cute!  Daddy and I both kissed your head!  

Tomorrow I head to work and Penny will be here.  I'm going to try to get home as soon as I can though.  I miss you every time I leave!  

Sleep tight little one!

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment