Sunday, November 28, 2010

Learning Poker


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweetie!  What a fun day we had today!

You finished your rice cereal mixed with apple juice with flying colors!  Then, you took your full bottle and ended it all with a big burp!  ;-)  Daddy fed you the cereal and you weren't fussy .... maybe we need him to feed you every morning.  :-P

After breakfast, we all got ready and went over to Gigi's house .... Lois, Charlie, and (Great) Aunt Beth were still in town .... cousin Stephanie left last night .... so we headed over there to visit with them and to eat lunch with Gigi and Grandpa Jim.  You never got your morning nap, so you were really fussy with your lunch bananas!  Gigi gave you a bottle and you ended up falling asleep on her.  You didn't stay sleeping for long though and woke up kind of grumpy.  :-P  Remember how you spilled daddy's water yesterday at the mall?  Well, I didn't learn my lesson from that and put my water too close to you after lunch and you did the same thing!  At least it was just water that was spilled!  :-P

After lunch, we came home and relaxed for the afternoon.  The three of us were in the bonus room .... you were playing in your play area .... I read a little in the play area with you, but I also had poker on the television, so we watched that together as well.  ;-)  Daddy took a little nap on the couch.  

When I was smaller, I use to watch poker with my daddy (Grandpa Jim) whenever he would grill out .... he taught me how to play poker and blackjack .... I haven't played in forever .... and I've never gambled .... but I like to watch the World Series of Poker, which is what we had on the television.  ;-)  I know .... I'm such a good mother!  Ha!  ;-)

Today your sister is 27 weeks gestation!  I feel her kick everyday, so that's a good sign.  Our next appointment is a week from tomorrow.  It was around this time with you that I started to notice a lot of swelling.  I wasn't able to wear my wedding ring and my ankles looked like elephant legs!  :-P  So far, I haven't had any swelling, and I'm still able to wear my rings .... so keep praying!  

We all watched UNC play basketball this evening.  We won!  Woo hoo!  Go Heels!  During halftime, we gave you a bath, though daddy had to hold you as I rinsed out your tub .... you peed in the water again!  We were almost done too!

We noticed that you have a little blister-like area on your lips.  We both looked inside your mouth, and we don't see any lesions to think you have anything viral .... so we're thinking you've been sucking on your lips and fingers so much with teething that you created a blister.  We'll keep an eye on it though .... if it gets larger, or if more pop up, then I'll call the doctor.  

You fell asleep on daddy during the game, but we had to wake you up to put the helmet back on and to brush your teeth.  You quickly cried but then forgave us and fell back asleep.  :-P  

Speaking of helmet, tomorrow you have another head scan!  I'm excited to see how much growth you've gotten since the last scan.  You don't have physical therapy tomorrow, so you and I will need to do your exercises together. 

Sleep tight!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment