Saturday, November 20, 2010

5.16


Dearest Joshua David~

You had another big boy breakfast this morning .... you ate 4 tablespoons of cereal mixed with apple juice and then 8 ounces in a bottle .... four ounces of toddler formula and four ounces of whole milk.  :-)  

This morning we ran errands.  Daddy had to pick up some things for a "secret project" .... I think it has something to do with my upcoming birthday .... so we tagged along.   :-)  We didn't see what he had to get though .... we wanted everything to be a surprise!  ;-)

We also made a quick trip to the recycling center and got all our boxes off our front porch!  The house is slowly getting cleaned up for company for Thanksgiving.  :-) 

Speaking of Thanksgiving .... before we went home, we stopped at the grocery store and picked up a turkey!  It's a little over 16 pounds and it's in the fridge right now to thaw.  Daddy and I are cooking our first turkey this year, so we're excited .... and nervous.  ;-)  I think it'll be fine, though it'll be a little tricky since we're both working wednesday .... we'll have to get up really early on thursday to get the turkey in the oven and make sure the house is clean.  You'll help, right?  ;-)

I walked around the grocery store with you on my back in the carrier.  You ended up falling asleep on the drive back home, and stayed sleeping long enough for daddy and I to eat lunch.  Then, we fed you before going back out again.  You finished your turkey and veggie mix for lunch before you had a bottle. 

Once you finished, we drove over to Uncle Brennan's house.  We put you in the stroller and then had a nice walk with Uncle Brennan.  We walked from his house to the Greenway and then around Shelley Lake.  The loop around the lake is 2 miles, but with the added distance to get there and back, we ended up walking 5.16 miles!  Go us!  I have to be honest, since being pregnant with Peanut, I haven't done a ton of exercising, since I'm scared to elevate my blood pressure too much.  So, I was tired once we got back home.  :-P  But, we just relaxed for the rest of the evening.  ;-)

We played upstairs in the bonus room and watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special on television.  You like Snoopy and Woodstock.  :-)

Then, we went downstairs and had dinner.  You had, for the first time, speghetti in tomato sauce with beef .... the pasta pieces were small balls.  You are 1/3 of the container and then some baby cheerios.  I had to place most of them in your mouth since you still throw them around.  Then, you had another 8 ounce bottle. 

After dinner, you had your usual bath.  You were so cute in your fluffy hair without your helmet on!  Daddy and I always give you extra kisses on your head when your helmet is off.  :-)  You played and then fell asleep next to us on the couch as we watched some television.  

Sleep tight little treasure!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment