Friday, November 12, 2010

Fifty Six Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello precious!  Today you are fifty six weeks old!  Whoa!  Old man!  ;-)

So, last night was kind of miserable .... no one slept.  :-(  Remember how you had a stuffy nose last night and wouldn't get comfortable unless you were next to us in bed?  Well, you continued to be congested all night and I don't think any of us really got any sleep.  I took your temperature, and you were in the normal range with no fever.  So, I watched you during the day to see how you were.  You 'slept' between us all night .... tossing and turning .... and then I would wake up sneezing too from my allergies.  :-P  Also, I woke up with another calve cramp around 3am(ish) .... this time it was my left leg .... and my leg continued to be sore all day even after I rested it.  We're not doing too well today!  :-P

I ran your laundry first thing this morning.  You were running out of clean bibs and pajamas, so before you woke up, I started your clothes in the washing machine.  Once your clothes were dry, I gave you a nice bath around mid-morning to see if that would help you feel better.  Then, I put you in some clean pajamas to rest in. 

Daddy went into work early and is getting his hair cut this afternoon.  So, we saw him earlier than normal (around 4:30pm).  He did a little bit of work once he got home, but he got to play with you too in the bonus room.  

You had an afternoon nap that pushed your lunch bottle to later .... you didn't eat until 2pm.  But, I let you sleep since you didn't sleep well last night and I know your body needed the rest.  

I tried to play some mandolin for you .... just some simple exercises .... but you kept crawling over and tried to tug on the strings.  :-P
You finished your jar of fruit this evening and had some apple juice.

For dinner, we picked up some sandwiches and headed over to Mimi's house.  Today is the season opener for the UNC basketball season.  Since we won't have cable until next week, we went to Mimi's house to watch the game.  Grandpa Mike was there and Uncle Brennan came over too.  You showed them how you can wave now.  They all played with you, but you were getting fussy towards the end of the game since it was late.  You fell asleep in the car and stayed sleeping even after we got home and put you in your bed.  Oh, UNC won!  :-)

I hope you feel better tomorrow and aren't so congested.  Rest well tonight!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment