Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cleaned And Seasoned The Turkey




Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious! 

This morning you had your usual 4 tablespoons of cereal mixed with apple juice.  Then, you had an eight ounce bottle with four ounces being whole milk and four ounces being toddler formula.  This tends to fill you up pretty well in the mornings.  :-)

We had an early start to the day .... you had a pediatrician appointment at 9am but we had to swing by my OB office first to pick up some Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms.  I wanted to make sure I got the forms filled out early since I don't know if Peanut will come early.  :-P  The pediatrician's appointment didn't take long because you were just getting a quick flu shot.  So, once you were done, we headed over to our MOPS meeting.

We got to MOPS around 10am, so we missed the beginning.  I kept you with me in the big room since you cried in the nursery with the other MOPPETS last time.  :-P  So, we snuck in a little late and sat in the back.  Once the speakers were done, we went to our small group table and the other mommies got to meet you.  ;-)

The meeting was really good .... they had a chef there talking about preparing a Thanksgiving Day meal including the turkey and the sides.  Daddy and I are cooking our first turkey this thursday!  After that, we had a devotional about being thankful.  Daddy and I are thankful for you and Peanut in our lives!  They gave us Bible verses to look at about being thankful and everything that the Lord has done to bless us.  It was a really good meeting!  Since we came late, we stayed a little late to help clean up.


You and I were home around noon for lunch.  Since daddy was working from home today, we got to see him!  Daddy made lunch while I fed you.  You finished your chicken noodle and veggie mix and then had another bottle.  After lunch, we ran over to Target for some quick things .... I didn't want you to run out of formula or whole milk over thursday or friday since I didn't want to get caught will all the holiday shoppers!  Daddy came with us.  :-)

You fell asleep in the car coming home and stayed sleeping as I washed and cleaned the turkey (I disinfected the sink last night).  Daddy melted some butter and added rosemary, brown sugar, salt, paprika, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  We placed that all over the turkey and in between the skin and breast meat.  We'll add a little more tomorrow evening after work and then cook the turkey thursday morning .... keep your fingers crossed!  ;-)  We weren't going to use the neck and gizzards, so we gave them to the wood creatures in our backyard.  :-)

The rest of the evening we played upstairs in the bonus room .... we watched UNC play and we won!  Woo hoo!  Also, daddy got to feel Peanut kick some more!  :-)

Tomorrow I head to work, but daddy will be working from home again.  Plus, Mimi and Grandpa Mike took off .... so you'll be spending the day with all of them!   I'm going to try to leave as soon as I can! 

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment