Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Welcome To Television


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!

Today we were off to an early start .... the cable man was at our door at 8:02am!  When the doorbell rang, I was giving you a bottle and I had a mouth full of cereal myself!  I had already given you three tablespoons of oatmeal mixed with apple juice, so we were upstairs at that point with the bottle.  I had my bowl of cereal next to me and I would eat a few pieces as you took your bottle.  I was surprised when the doorbell rang so early!  

It took the cable guy about an hour and a half to get everything done and check to make sure things were working properly.  We don't have the new television yet, so we have the cable going through a little, tiny television in the bonus room.  It looks so small and cute in that huge room!  We didn't really watch much television though, I had the Food Network on in the background since they were going over holiday dishes.  Oh, I forgot to tell you (speaking of the holidays) .... people are coming over to our house for Thanksgiving!  Yippie!  You'll be able to show off all your toys, crawling, and waving for people.  Also, you found another channel .... PBS Kids Sprout .... that was playing Sesame Street.  :-)  Though, honestly, you got bored with the television in a few minutes, so I put it on channel 931 ... a station that just plays contemporary Christian music .... so it appeared we just had a CD playing in the background.  :-)  Pretty cool.

After the cable man left, another man came to our door .... Mickey from Carpets Plus.  Mimi knows him and his company and he came to measure the bedrooms upstairs.  Daddy and I are thinking of tearing up the old carpets and placing something more durable for you and Peanut.  He didn't stay long, but you liked watching him measure the rooms because he used a laser!  ;-)  Once we get the estimate back, we'll know if we'll go ahead with that project.  Also, daddy and I were thinking of painting the two smaller bedrooms for you and Peanut too.  Whew!  So much to do!  

Oh, I have a praise!  I'm finally under loan repayment!  I didn't qualify before, but now part time employees are eligible .... so, after many months of applying and filling out forms (daddy and Grandpa Jim had to fax things for me too) .... I got loan repayment for working at a Community Health Center!  The disbursement came today so daddy's going to help me set up an automatic draft .... that way, over the next four years this disbursement will help pay down my loans.  I'll still have some loans left after the next four years, but I could always sign up for a longer contract if needed.  Now, we can use the money that we normally use each month for my school loans for something else .... of course, since we have little Peanut coming in a few months, this will certainly be a blessing to our home budget and finances!  God is looking out for us and our family little Joshua! 

You and I made a quick trip to the grocery store before lunch.  I had you in the carrier as I quickly went through the store.  We didn't exactly time our trip right though .... it was pouring down rain when we left!  So, we got rained on, but you were pretty covered in the carrier with a hood on!  :-P

You still have a runny nose, but no fever.  So, we just keep wiping your nose and you continue to play.

I tried playing the mandolin more for you, but you kept crawling over and trying to tug on the strings again.  :-P

We cooked dinner for daddy again .... chicken with veggies .... but this time I didn't burn the food!  Woo hoo!  ;-)  Daddy gave you some more of your beef with veggies container.  You don't appear to like this one as much (you kept making faces), so I'm wondering if you're not much of a beef guy.  :-P  You do like it though, when I make little 'spaceship' noises while moving the spoon around when trying to feed you.  ;-)

After your bath, we all played upstairs in the bonus room.  Daddy got to feel Peanut kick!  She's been kicking for a while, but daddy hasn't been able to feel her until now. 

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, you were in our bed last night (between daddy and I) as we were trying to get you to fall asleep.  Apparently, as you were sleeping, you kept shuffling over closer and closer to me .... at 2am I woke up and you were right up next to me and I was barely still on the bed!  Were you trying to push me off so you could have the whole bed to yourself?  ;-)  I moved you into your own bed at that point, but I thought it was funny that you had managed to get all the way over to my side and push me so far.  :-)

Tomorrow is another day at work, so Penny will be here to watch you.  Save a huge smile and kiss for me little Joshua!

Sleep tight!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment