Wednesday, November 17, 2010

National Prematurity Awareness Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello precious!  I survived another day at work!  :-P  I actually wasn't that late coming home this week .... yippie!  I hate not being with you.

Today is National Prematurity Awareness Day, and the March of Dimes sponsored events throughout the country to help raise awareness and support to fight premature births.  I wore my purple scrub bottoms (the color of the March of Dimes) and my Promise Walk shirt from the Pre-eclampsia Foundation to work.  Everyone liked my shirt and, of course, asked about you and Peanut when they saw me.  I said you were doing well and that we had a good OB appointment with Peanut on monday.

We had our Thanksgiving Day lunch at work today.  I brought in my chocolate chip pumpkin bread that I made on monday.  I accidentally burned a small piece, but no one seemed to care.  ;-)  All the dishes that people brought in were so good .... plus, we had so much left over that we have lunch for tomorrow too!  Yummy!

Meanwhile, you and Penny had fun today.  This morning, you had floor time, Bible stories time, music time, and even played 'soccer' on the back porch.  Penny had a little ball out there and I guess you two were passing to each other.  ;-)  You two sang "Jesus Loves Me," "Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Patty Cake," and "Zacchaeus."  I bet you sing better than daddy and I.  ;-)
You also took a morning and afternoon nap for Penny.  Later in the afternoon, you two walked outside and went to the park.  :-)

When I got home, daddy had already made a pizza for dinner.  :-)  Daddy then washed your bottles while I gave you a bath.  

This evening, we all played in the bonus room.  When you started to rub your eyes, we brushed your teeth and noticed something .... you're starting to get teeth on the top!!  I saw two little teeth poking through your gum tissue .... teeth #D and #E.  I swear, you appear to only want teeth on your right side.  ;-)  Anyway, I was really excited to see them and immediately pointed them out to daddy!  

Save more kisses and smiles for me tomorrow since I have to go back to work.  I miss you every time I leave!

Sleep tight!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment