Monday, November 15, 2010

A Kicker


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Today was kind of a busy day ....

First, Princess Peanut and I had an OB appointment this morning and everything is going fine.  My blood pressure was 108/60 and there was no protein in my urine (a sign of pre-eclampsia which I had with you).  My weight was 140.6 lbs, which the doctor liked since I started at 129 lbs (a healthy pregnancy weight gain should be around 25 lbs with the majority of that being in the third trimester).  The 'fundal height' (main body of the uterus) was 25cm .... which is great since we're 25 weeks and one day (the measurement should roughly mimic the weeks pregnant you are), so Peanut appears to be growing well.  :-)  Once he measured me, the doctor said, "Getting on up there!" with a smile .... which I'm guessing is the only time a man can 'politely' tell a woman that she's gotten bigger!  ;-)  Peanut's heart rate was 150, and as he was listening, Peanut gave the doctor (and myself) a nice kick .... at which point the doctor then stated, "Got yourself a kicker!" and smiled.  So, I think we've found another female for daddy's soccer team! 

I am no longer on 4 week check ups .... my next appointment is in 3 weeks (december 6th) for my 28 week glucose screening, and the appointment following that will be my 30 week appointment with ultrasound to check the two vessel umbilical cord.  I'm sure Mimi, Gigi, and daddy will want to go to that appointment too.  It's always fun to see an ultrasound.  :-)  I will continue to be on two week (or weekly) visits after that.  So, continue to pray for your little sister!  :-)

You, Prince Joshua, had your usual physical therapy appointment today .... you had some nice neck rotations for Eliza and she said your gross motor skills are on track for your age.  She wants to see you again next week, but will likely cut your appointments after that to two times a month vs weekly.  If things look good next week, she may just see you twice in december and then once a month after that .... so that was encouraging!  I told her that your next head scan is november 29th (which continues to show improvement).   We practiced your two finger grabs some more.  We can tell your fine motor skills are improving as well.  But, after a few pieces of cheerios, you got bored and just started to throw them.  :-P

This afternoon, you took a very tiny nap.  You also fell asleep in the car this morning after we left the OB office and swung by the bank.  But other than that, you really didn't nap today.

We made dinner for daddy, but I accidentally burned a few things.  :-P  It was still usable and daddy didn't mind.  We also made a loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread for work.  We're having a little Thanksgiving lunch on wednesday, so I'm going to bring it for them to try.  I made two loaves, but one will stay here for you, me, and daddy (plus I burned a little piece of that too .... I wasn't having a great cooking evening!).  :-P

Daddy gave you a nice bath tonight as I washed your bottles and took a shower.  We played with you in the bonus room and took videos of you clapping with daddy and you playing with your belly .... it was so cute!  :-)

Tomorrow is the big day .... we're suppose to get cable .... so now people can come to our house and watch the ACC season!  ;-)  Go Heels! 

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment