Thursday, September 2, 2010

Three Finches


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!

Today, before Penny got here, you and I saw three finches on our feeder outside!  Wow!  We tried to get a photo, but it got blurry whenever I tried to zoom in with the camera on my phone.  I didn't have enough time to get the real camera upstairs.  :-P  Anyway, Penny was really excited when she got here and we told her!  :-)  We need to pick up more food this weekend because the feeder is almost out now!  We saw two little yellow finches and one little brown one.  :-)

You and Penny had fun today.  You took two naps for her (morning and afternoon).  You two also went to the park after your first bottle (when it's cooler in the day).  Then, this afternoon, you and Penny saw two baby deer walking around in the backyard!  Wow!  We haven't seen the deer recently, so I was happy to hear they were ok.  :-)

I didn't have a great day at work .... a father in the waiting room ruined it for all of us!  Since I work in a Community Health Center, we see "different" things than private practice offices, but I never expected this.  I was busy with two patients when this happened, but this cruel man took a belt and was hitting (my coworkers even used the word "beating") his 15 month old son in the hallway of the waiting room!  The child was actually a patient for the pediatric clinic, not us, but we share a waiting room.  He stopped when one of my coworkers, Ellie, brought Dr. Rickert's patient back out to the waiting room and saw him doing this.  He then took the little boy outside to the car and continued to hit the child until he had a welt on his face!  My coworker, Judy, immediately called 911 for the police, and two people from dental and two from pediatrics went next door to grab the police officer that was working in an adjacent building.  Eventually three police cars came and the officers were taking statements from witnesses .... my coworkers in dental and pediatrics  and even people in the waiting room.  I'm honestly glad I didn't see it because the story and thought alone turns my stomach!  I hope that man never ever sees his child again!  The social worker took him into her office with the police officers, but I don't know what happened.  It sickened all of us  (several of my coworkers saw it) and we were disgusted for the rest of the day.  I couldn't stop thinking of that poor little boy, and how much I just wanted to get home to hold and kiss you!  Children are such miracles and blessings from God, and daddy and I thank Him everyday for you and peanut!!  There is no excuse for what that man did. 

This evening, I couldn't stop holding, kissing, and loving on you!  You are so precious to us.  I said a prayer for that little boy.  

Daddy put on an episode of Fraggle Rock on the computer, and you played on the bed with us.  I fell asleep before the two of you (I had insomnia the night before), so daddy gave you the evening oatmeal and bottle.  

Tomorrow daddy has off .... so it's Family Friday!  

Sleep tight my little blessing .... and in case I haven't said it enough ....

I love you forever and ever!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment