Monday, September 20, 2010

It's A ....


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello future big brother!  This was an exciting day .... is Peanut a little brother or sister?

Well, first off, we did a lot of playing this morning.  The appointment wasn't until lunch time, so we had some downtime to play with your toys before we had to leave.  You crawled all around the bonus room!  You did tummy time and practiced your sitting.  You can sit really well now for a long period of time.  I still like to sit behind you, or put a pillow there since you do still fall back after awhile.  Though, recently, you've also started to fall forward and then immediately start to crawl!  :-P  You played in the bed, crib, living room, and bonus room.  Oh, about the crib, you can now pull yourself up on your knees and play with the side of the crib!  Hummm .... I guess we need to lower that mattress!  

So, after packing you all up, we headed over to the doctor's office.  Daddy, Gigi, and Mimi all met us there.  They were all there for your ultrasound too!  First, daddy and I went in to see the doctor.  Peanut is growing strong with a heart rate of 153.  We're 17 weeks and one day along and still due around February 27, 2011.  Mimi and Gigi stayed with you since the room was small.  Then, we all went into the big room for the ultrasound!  As a side note, you had a poopy diaper and we were in the middle of changing you when they called me back!  :-P

The technician first took measurements of Peanut, checked the heart beat (we all got to hear it!), took some pictures from different angles .... everything was pretty much similar to what she did last time for you.  Then, she zoomed in to take a closer look and stated, "Well, I guess you'll be going away from blue for this one .... it's a girl!"  I immediately looked at daddy and was pretty surprised!  Because, even though the boy/girl ratio is pretty even on my side of the family, you'll learn in your future biology classes (I hope you like science when you grew up .... I did), that the daddy determines whether the baby will be a boy or girl .... your daddy's side of the family heavily favors boys .... so we both were surprised!  

Now, with that being said, I want you and Peanut to understand completely that whether or not we had all boys or all girls .... daddy and I love you all very much (and all other potential siblings you all may have) and we only prayed for healthy little miracles from God no matter the gender!  :-)

So, my little Joshua .... you will have a little sister!  She's due in February and we're praying to go further than 30 weeks gestation.  If full term, you all will be 16 months apart.  So, we'll see what God has planned.  

Everyone is excited, and I can't wait to see you all play together growing up!  There is one thing that daddy and I will not be able to help you with though .... both daddy and I have older brothers (Uncle Brennan and Uncle James) .... therefore, we can't give you tons of advice on what it's like to have a younger sibling.  You'll have to ask them, and of course Uncle James can tell you about having a little sister (since I'm his).  :-)

After the appointment, we all called different family members to give them the news, and Mimi and daddy ate lunch with us (Gigi had to go back to the office).  

This afternoon, after lunch, we picked up something for Grandpa Jim (tomorrow's his birthday!) and then played all afternoon at the house.  We made dinner and had it ready for daddy when he got home.  Daddy got to help with your evening bath and play with you without the helmet on before heading to soccer.  Mimi came over this evening too and brought over some clothes for you and Peanut!  ;-)

You and I continued to play together this evening and watched Rocky and Bullwinkle.  You eventually fell asleep in my arms!  :-)  I said a prayer for you and Peanut .... I'm so thankful for you two in my life and for daddy and this marriage.  Daddy, you, and Peanut are the most important things to me, and I hope you and Peanut never forget that we love you so much!  

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

2 comments: