Friday, September 17, 2010

Forty Eight Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  Today you are forty eight weeks old!  Whoa man!  Time is really flying by!

Today I had my CE course in Durham.  You stayed home with daddy and had "Daddy-Joshua Day!"  :-)  

My class was quite interesting.  It was on early detection of oral cancer .... I know that sounds dorky or boring, but the speaker was really animated and kept my attention from 8am to 3:30pm, which a lot of speakers in the past have not been able to do!  :-P  Plus, he did a raffle, and I won some chocolate!  I brought it home to share with daddy.  :-)

Well, lets see, you appear to have taken two naps for daddy .... a morning one and afternoon one.  You and daddy went over to Mimi's house later in the morning and spent the day there.  Mimi got new rocking chairs on the screened porch, so you and daddy had fun rocking out there (I think that's where you took a nap .... I'll have to ask daddy).  

This evening, I got to spend a few hours with you two before daddy had to leave.  He and Uncle Brennan went to the Black Crowes concert .... daddy's favorite band.  Uncle Brennan came by early to see you, and then they rode together to the concert.  You had your hour break from the helmet, and your bath, while daddy was still here.

You and I spent the evening together.  We played a lot.  You ate your dinner oatmeal and last bottle earlier than normal.  Then, we watched a few episodes of Rock & Bullwinkle on the laptop.  I think you like Fraggle Rock more though because they sing and dance.


You eventually fell asleep in my arms after getting a little fussy.  You've been trying to fight sleep the last few nights, but sleep eventually wins.  You were snoring away when daddy came home close to midnight. 

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment