Sunday, September 5, 2010

Long Walk


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello my little miracle!  Today was a pretty relaxing family day!  To start, we all got up, ate breakfast, got ready, and met Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James for church.  Uncle James is in town for the Labor Day weekend, so you got to see and play with him this morning.  :-)

Gigi played in the Praise Team this morning, so you clapped your hands and babbled in your stroller as we all sang.  Once the music stopped, and the sermon started, you continued to clap your hands and babble though.  :-P  So, Grandpa Jim took you for a little walk around the church.

Afterward, we all went out to eat lunch.  You sat in the restaurant high chair with your cushion cover and a toy.  :-)

After lunch, you, daddy, and I came back home.  I gave you a bottle, and daddy started to clean off the screened porch.  Once we get it all clean, we can get chairs to put in there and then we can enjoy the nice weather.  The weather was still beautiful this afternoon, so the three of us went for a long walk.  We walked through our subdivision and the neighboring subdivision.  Once we got back home, we had walked for about 1.5 hours!  You fell asleep in the stroller.  

Daddy and I ate an earlier dinner (leftovers) and then we made some homemade hot chocolate for fun!  It was good.  We unpacked some more boxes and cleaned some things in the house.  :-)  Slowly by surely, this house is looking better and better.

Speaking of the house, this evening daddy and I ordered something for the bonus room to make it more functional .... a sectional couch and ottoman!  Once it arrives, we'll have a place to sit in there!  Right now, it's just a big room with a lot of toys on the floor.  :-P  Once the couch gets here, it'll be more of a family play room.  I'm excited!  

You fell asleep earlier tonight.  Daddy's staying up to read, but I'm having trouble breathing with my sinuses, so I'm heading to bed too.  :-)  Tomorrow is Labor Day, so everyone is off from work!  We'll be heading to Mimi's for a cookout tomorrow afternoon.

Sleep tight little one!

I love you my Joshua!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment