Sunday, September 26, 2010

Butternut Squash


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  

Today we headed to church to see Gigi play in the Praise Team.  :-)  The service started at 9:15am, and we ended up being just a little bit late.  :-P  We were all sluggish at getting ready this morning.  After Gigi played, she sat with us for the sermon.  You were wide awake and playing around in the stroller during the songs and the sermon.  You were getting louder and louder with your playing as the sermon went on, so daddy ended up taking you out of the room and walking around with you.  When he came back, you were snoring in his arms.  ;-)

After church, all went out for lunch at Chili's.  You've been there a few times before.  You sat in the high chair and played around.  Once we got home, it was time for a bottle.  But, you first had your veggie snack.  Today you tried butternut squash with harvest apples.  Yummmm!  You almost ate the whole container.  I'm sure you'll finish it tomorrow.  

We played upstairs on the new couch and daddy put on Fraggle Rock after your bottle.  Then, Gigi and Grandpa Jim came over.  We put all the boxes that the couch came in on the porch, and Grandpa Jim helped us break them down, piled them into his truck, and then took them to a recycling center near his office.  

Then, Gigi and Grandpa Jim visited for a while and saw the new couch.  Gigi and I had to run an errand to (Great) Uncle Laurence's house to drop off my old trumpet so cousin Mia could play it for school.  So, Grandpa Jim and daddy watched you for a little (though we weren't gone long).  Did I ever tell you I played the trumpet in band when I was younger?  Actually, daddy and I were in band together and he played the saxophone and I played the trumpet.  :-)  

Afterward, you, daddy, and I stayed in the bonus room and played some more.  It really started to rain this afternoon and continued to rain all evening.  It started once Gigi and Grandpa Jim left, it came down pretty hard.  

This evening we pretty much relaxed together.  You had your usual evening bath and then we got to play with your fluffy hair until we had to put the helmet back on.  I'll be glad when you don't have to wear the helmet anymore and we can play with your hair all the time.  :-P  You've only been wearing it for 2 weeks, but I can already see a difference.  

Tomorrow daddy heads back to work, but I'll be here to play with you.  ;-)  And, Eliza is coming over for your physical therapy appointment.  

Sleep tight little angel!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment