Friday, September 10, 2010

Forty Seven Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello our little miracle!  Today you are forty seven weeks old!  Time is just flying by!  People have been asking what you want for your first birthday .... any thoughts or ideas?  Well, just keep me posted!  :-)

We all had a long day today .... we had your appointment at Level Four Pediatrics this morning to pick up your helmet (to correct your plagiocephaly).  On average, patients have to wear the helmet for about 4.5 months, so we'll see how long you'll be in it.  Today and this weekend, we'll have to gradually increase the amount of time you're in it so you get use to the feel and fit of the helmet.  Today, you have to wear the helmet one hour on and then one hour off .... and you won't sleep in it yet.  

Your appointment was at 9am and daddy met us there.  They had to trim the helmet a few times to get it to fit right around your ears and eyes.  They also went over instructions on how to clean and care for the helmet.  We left at 10am with the helmet on you .... so the goal was to wear the helmet at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, and 8pm.  Then, you'd be off for the evening and bedtime.  You did really well during the appointment and didn't really fussy much with the try on process.  We even made a quick stop at the bank and grocery store with no issues.

You and I got home around 11am, so I took the helmet off, cleaned it, and wiped your head .... you're body is still getting use to the temperature too so you were sweating a lot.  We ate lunch and you played.  At noon, I put the helmet back on you and it all went downhill from there .... boy did you scream and fuss!  I even called your daddy because I didn't know how to calm you!  I eventually took the helmet off you at 12:33(ish)pm and you calmed down.  I let you play and just waited until the 2pm fitting.  At 2pm, I dreaded putting it back on because of the previous screaming, but we had too.  I put the helmet on you .... you screamed again, but this time you were so tired you fell asleep and were snoring by 2:30pm.  Whew!  I took a little nap with you!  You woke up promptly at 3pm and I took your helmet off.  :-P

The 4pm the fitting wasn't too bad .... you didn't get fussy until around 4:30pm.  The 6pm and 8pm fittings daddy was home to help with.  :-)

We saw lots of birds today on the feeder.  :-)

Oh, we gave you a bath at 7pm (between helmet cycles) and you screamed so loudly!  I had to have daddy finish your bath because I was worn out from your other screaming/crying fits from the day.  :-(  This is your third bath in a row that you screamed for.  What's the matter?  I hope things get better soon!  

This evening you were fussy for your 8pm fitting, but you calmed down once we put on an episode of "I Love Lucy" on the laptop.  We watched the one where Harpo Marx was the guest and Lucy impersonates him.  It was funny, and you clapped when Harpo played the harp!  

I hope you get use to the helmet more, and quickly!  I can't take several crying/screaming fits a day.  :-P

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment