Monday, September 13, 2010

Daddy Home Early


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello my cutie pie!

Today you did something that you hardly ever do ....  you took a long morning nap!  You were playing on the bed next to me and kept rubbing your eyes.  I put you on your tummy and moved your toys around and after a while, you put your head down to rest .... before I knew it you were snoring!  You slept there for about 2 hours!  Whoa!  I thought for sure you would have woken up before then.  I rested right next to you.  You know, if the doctors ever plan on putting me on bedrest for little Peanut, I'll need you to act just like that!  ;-)

Eliza came over for your usual physical therapy appointment today.  We worked on rolled for the majority of the appointment .... and you rolled by yourself to the right and to the left!  You've never gone to the left before (that I've seen)!  We ended up needing to take your helmet off for the appointment, so I put it back on once your exercises were finished.  

Right after Eliza left, Mimi and Leigh came over to see you.  Mimi played with you while I walked Leigh around the house.  She got to see all your toys and your helmet.  She took lots of pictures of you too!  :-)

You like to play with your tongue a lot these days.  You can twist it in almost every direction!  And, you end up drooling everywhere too because of that!  :-P

Daddy came home early today!  He was in class for work that ended early, so he came home afterward to spend time with you before his soccer game.  And .... you ROLLED FOR DADDY!  Both right and left!  Woo hoo!  Now, we really have to keep an eye on you!  :-)

You tried something new today .... I gave you a sweet potato with corn mixture .... this was the first time you've had corn!  These are two of my favorite things to eat, so I knew you'd like them as well .... and you did .... you gobbled the whole container!  :-)

You wore your helmet for the majority of the day today .... I put it on you at 7:20am, it was off from around 1:45pm-2:30pm (for physical therapy), and then from 6:30pm-7:30pm (bath time and break time).  Tonight, I'll put you to bed with the helmet on and then you'll pretty much be in it all the time, except for one hour breaks each day for a bath and skin check.  I hope you do well tonight with it on.  You slept fine with it on for your nap this morning, so I think once you get use to it you'll be ok.  

Uncle Brennan came over before the soccer game and played with you.  He also got to see how well you did for your bath this evening .... you didn't hardly fuss at all!  

Once daddy and Uncle Brennan left, you and I played together.  You were taking a little nap as they were leaving, but soon woke up with the hiccips when we went upstairs.  I gave you your evening oatmeal and bottle, and then you played a little longer.  You kept flipping and rolling over in the bed, so I had to put you down in your own bed just so I could brush my teeth .... I didn't want you rolled right off my bed!  You played in your own bed for a while and kept rubbing your eyes.  I turned all the lights off except a little side one, and read in bed next to you as you tossed and turned.  I thought we were in the clear, but then you started to cry and scream from 9pm-9:30pm!  Ugh!  Once you calmed down, you finally fell asleep in your bed with the helmet on.  :-P  I hope tomorrow evening goes a little smoother.  

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you forever and ever!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment