Friday, February 24, 2012

Tornado Watch


Dearest Miracles~

Grace, you woke from your toddler bed at 2am this morning.  I nursed her back to sleep and then left her in my bed next to me.  I was too tired to move her back to her own bed.  ;-)

Once people were up, the three of us went to Target.  I picked up everything we'll need to have a cookout tomorrow for lunch.  We're doing a birthday lunch for Grace, and since she's been eating hotdogs, we decided to grill hotdogs for everyone.  I picked up the hotdogs, buns, side dishes, chili, drinks, cookie cake, ice cream .... hope we have enough!  ;-)

Once home, we had lunch together.  Joshua, you ate pretty well for me.  I did not start you on a sippy cup this morning.  You ate some crackers for me at breakfast (as did Grace).  Then I gave you the milk.  At lunch, you ate about 2.5 ounces of applesauce and some more crackers.  

Once everyone was done, I swept the vacuumed the downstairs.  We'll have to do some more cleaning before everyone comes over.  Today was such a beautiful day that I opened the windows so we could enjoy the fresh air.  I was going to take you all out to the park, but Grace fell asleep nursing.  So, Joshua and I played in the bonus room as she napped.  :-)

I took photos of you two this afternoon as you all played together.  It started to get really windy, and then I realized we were under a tornado watch!  Yikes!

Joshua, you were napping by 2:30pm.  You took a pretty quick nap though.  You were up by 3:30pm.  I played with Grace as you slept. 

After Joshua woke from his one hour nap, we went downstairs for snack time.  As you two snacked, I cooked dinner.  I made potatoes with some veggies ..... onions, corn, broccoli, and spinach.  I cooked some bacon and some eggs.  Joshua, you ate an entire bacon strip and a little extra!  And, you ate some of the potatoes!  Woo hoo!

We did some phone 'face time' with Gigi this afternoon before dinner.  You two played and 'talked' to her.  You also saw Grandpa Jim.  :-)

Daddy came home sick, so we let him rest in bed as we played in the bonus room.  We had some art time with the markers and relaxed.  He appeared to have a fever.  He was having chills and it was 75 degrees in the house!  I was burning up and little Grace was sweating.  I put the fan on for us.  

I got you two ready for bed and the three of us slept in Joshua's room.  Grace, you were in your bed and I slept next to Joshua.  I had you two laying in bed a little before 9pm but everyone was still awake at 9:40pm.  :-P  I ended up trying to nurse Grace to sleep while Joshua tossed and turned next to me .... this might be a long night.  :-P

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment