Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One Week Until ....


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Today is one week until Grace's very first birthday!  Woo hoo!  Do you know what you want yet?  Have you decided?  Are you excited?  I am .... I love birthdays!  ;-) 

So, I stayed with Grace in the toddler bed until she fell asleep last night.  I then slept next to Joshua on his mattress across from Grace.  We were all roommates.  :-P  I wanted to make sure Grace slept ok in the toddler bed by herself since this was her first night in there.  Joshua, you snored next to me.  ;-)  Grace, you woke at 3:30am to nurse.  I ended up holding you afterward since I thought you would wake up if I put you back down in the toddler bed.  I napped next to Joshua on his mattress and held Grace on my chest until 6:30am. 

We didn't have a lot of time to play this morning.  Joshua, you had a 9am feeding team appointment at Rex Hospital.  You now weigh 24 pounds and 10.9 ounces.  You've increased since the scope!  Speaking of which, one of the people on your case has left UNC, which is why it's taken a while to get your scope results back.  Krista gave me the GI department number, so I'll try to call to get some information. 

You ate a lot for me and Krista little man!  I didn't give you a sippy cup this morning until after you ate the solid foods.  That worked a lot better!  You ate all the applesauce, chicken, hotdog, pepperonis, and fries that I brought!  Since part of your lack of eating is behavior, we're going to be a lot more aggressive with your 'behavior management' over the next few months.  I made more appointments (8) for the next two months.  We'll be busy on Monday's and Tuesday's during March and April!

We were home by 11am.  I changed everyone's diapers and then nursed Grace.  You both ate a good lunch.  Then, we played downstairs until we had to leave again.  Joshua, you had an occupational therapy appointment with Mary Beth this afternoon.  You did well.  You went through the tunnel, did finger paints, used the therapy ball (you had good protective responses today!), and you're starting to put your arms out to catch the ball now.  :-)

Afterward, we made a quick Post Office trip.  We here home by 4:30pm.  I did another 30 minutes and 4 miles on the elliptical as you two played!  Wow!  :-)

You two played a lot of the 'screaming game' today.  You yell back and forth while smiling and giggling. Good thing I didn't have a headache today.  :-P

This evening we watched another UNC basketball game.  We played NC State.  We won, but I'm sure Penny will be sad tomorrow .... she's a State fan.  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment