Sunday, February 26, 2012

Removed A Nursing Session


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Grace, you woke up at 2:20am from your toddler bed.  I nursed you back to sleep and then left you next to me.  Oh, by the way, you're starting to bite when nursing now.  Just a little.  We're starting to wean though.  I can't believe you're almost a year old!  Joshua, you slept in your own bed all by yourself all night long!  You didn't wake up until 7am!  Whoa!  What a big boy!  

I swept and vacuumed the downstairs as you two played this morning.  Daddy cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes.  We also saw some deer in the backyard.  Oh, and you two played your scream game this morning.  :-P

We unfortunately didn't get ready in time for church .... we would have missed the sermon.  So, we went to Target for our weekly grocery run.  I carried Grace on my back and Joshua sat in the cart and ate a cookie.  We were back by lunch and had some leftovers.  You two ate well.  :-)  After lunch we relaxed a little.  I played with you two and daddy trimmed some bushes outside since the weather was nice.  Grace, you had the hiccups.  ;-)

We had an afternoon adventure.  We decided to try out a new store called Carolina Pottery since they have all sorts of things for the house.  We got a few things to share.  Grace, you slept on my back and Joshua rode in the stroller. 

When home, you all had snack time with daddy as I cooked sausage, veggies, and pasta.  Then, I put it all together to bake a casserole for dinner.  :-)

Grace, I removed a nursing session today for the first time.  It was very hard for me to do emotionally (and slightly physically).  But you will be 1 in 48 hours (wow .... I still can't believe that!).  It's just so hard to wean since we've come this far!  It's such an accomplishment.  I talked to Gigi about it since I was feeling sad, and she said "Everything will be ok.  Celebrate what a great job you both did for a whole year.  Time to move on to a new phase.  Awesome team work."  That made me feel better.  :-)

Daddy and I were in a cleaning and organizing mode this evening!  Daddy hung 6 photo frames.  I dusted and vacuumed the upstairs floorboards.  We did another load of laundry.  And, you two helped me organize my camera bag/purse!  Now I can go out a take photographs in style!  ;-)  Of course, we couldn't have gotten all that done without the help of you two!  

Tomorrow we have a busy morning.  Joshua has speech therapy at 8:30am and then he sees the feeding team at Rex at 10am.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment