Monday, February 27, 2012

Good Eating


Dearest Gifts~

Well well well .... this was my due date for little Grace last year.  We all know what happened though .... tomorrow is your first birthday sweet lady!  Are you excited?  ;-)

You woke up crying and screaming at 12:45am this morning little one.  I picked you up and nursed you back to sleep.  You were up again though at 4:45am.  Again, you were crying and screaming.  We had another nursing session and I was not in a good mood.  I had to apologize to the rest of the family later in the morning.  :-P

This morning was pretty busy.  Joshua had a speech therapy appointment at 8:30am and then a feeding team appointment at Rex.  So, we were out the door at 8am.  Kim was so happy to see Joshua.  We have some more flash cards and words to go through.  I do hear some improvement so I know he's making some progress.  :-)  I nursed Grace in the car while Joshua was inside.  I wanted to make sure she would be content for the rest of the morning. 

From there, we went across town to Rex Hospital for Joshua's feeding team appointment with Krista.  Little man, you surprised us all!  You ate 4 oz applesauce, an entire hotdog, and 4 pepperonis!  We were SO impressed!  Wow!  You then took a sippy cup on the drive home and you were snoring by 11:30am!  I put you on a pillow in the playroom and I nursed Grace and we played.

Joshua woke up around 12:30pm since Grace was climbing all over him.  :-P  I did some laundry as you two played.  I also had some music on. 

I spoke to UNC.  Joshua, your GI endoscopy biopsies came back normal.  You have no inflammation or signs of damage.  Woo hoo!  Now we know that part of your 'eating issues' is just behavior.  Though, today you're doing really well!  We continue to pray for your eating and health (and Grace too).  :-) 

I got to workout after snack time this afternoon as you two played.  I did another 30 minutes and 4 miles on the elliptical!  Woo hoo!

You two had a good dinner.  Joshua, you surprised us again!  You had a tablespoon of sausage, a tablespoon of chicken, a fair amount of crackers, and one cookie.  Grace, you had some chicken, hotdog, crackers, and Gerber food.

I vacuumed the kitchen when you two were done.  I cut the dinner nursing session and tried to give Grace some milk in a sippy cup instead.  She took a little but preferred water.  As long as you're not dehydrated I guess that's fine, but it had no calories.  You have your one year check up on Friday.  I still can't believe tomorrow is your birthday!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment