Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nice To Meet You


Dearest Angels from God~

Today, precious angels, you two met each other for the first time!  Daddy kept his promise and brought Joshua to the hospital to see me and Grace.  :-)  He pushed Joshua in a stroller since he had fallen asleep in the car!  Grace, you were sleeping too in your bassinet!  So, for your first 'official' meeting, the two of you were sleeping!  Joshua .... meet Grace .... Grace .... meet Joshua .... both sound asleep!  I wonder if that will be the only time you two will sleep at the same time!  :-P

Joshua, you were a tad fussy today at the hospital and ate 10 ounces of formula while there!  I still don't think you understand what's about to rock your world!  ;-)

It was good to see the two of you together .... and it was a little 'surreal' at the same time!  It made it even more real to see Joshua 'walking' (daddy helped) around the hospital room (yes, you did wake up once you were taken from the stroller) as I nursed Grace.  Actually, at first I felt a sense of being scared .... oh no .... we're almost out numbered at this point!  But, that fear quickly faded and I then became excited and happy to move on with this phase in our lives.  

Joshua, you apparently woke up very talkative.  You sang for daddy and Mimi this morning.  Mimi gave you breakfast, but you turned your nose up at that oatmeal that daddy made.  :-P

Things went well in the hospital for Grace and I today.  The nurse took my catheter out really early in the morning and I had my IV out by 10:30am.  Woo hoo!  I was much more mobile at that point, though sore from the C section.  I passed my 'pee test' (no longer need help in the restroom) and was able to 'walk' around the room by myself by lunch time.  :-)

Gigi left in the morning after spending the whole night with me and Grace.  She went home to rest and catch up on some sleep (we didn't sleep a lot last night).  :-P

Mimi came at lunch time and watched Grace as I took a shower.  Joshua, daddy took you over to Gigi's house at that point, and you and Gigi watched 'Finding Nemo' with Uncle James (you apparently turned off the movie at some point and Gigi and Uncle James were impressed since they didn't know how you did it).  You took a 2 hour nap while at Gigi's and drank another 16 ounces of formula!  Whoa!  Oh, as you left the hospital Joshua, you saw a mom scrubbing in at the ICN (Intensive Care Nursery).  That's what daddy and I use to do for 8.5 weeks as you lived there! 

Grace, you had a lot of sneezes today and it was so cute!  You and I worked on nursing a lot today.  A lactation nurse came in to help us and gave us some tips.  She said you were a 'good sucker' and was impressed at how well you latch on!  She wants you to teach some of the other newborns how to nurse!  We're going to keep on trucking so that you get a lot of rich nutrients!  I'm so proud of us working together .... and we're spending a lot of time bonding while nursing!  Oh, we think your hair is auburn.  It's hard to tell.  In some light, it looks a little redish blonde.  Either way, it's gorgeous and I love it!  :-)

The pediatrician looked at you, Grace, today, and you passed all your tests.  Dr. McKenzie took off the bandage over my staples and things look well.  They just have me on some oral pain relievers at this point.

Once daddy came back from dropping off Joshua, Mimi left and we got to spend some time together as a family!  Our first time together with just the four of us!  It's amazing to think and say out loud .... our 'family of four!'  We are so blessed!  :-)

After dinner, Grandpa Jim came by and one of my coworkers, Amanda, stopped in as well.  She's also a dentist and has an 8 month old son of her own.  ;-)

This evening, Grace and I flew solo with no help!  Boy, this was a bonding time!  Daddy was at home to watch Joshua.  I was so nervous, but we did pretty well together!  I gave you, little Grace, so many kisses!  I also told you several times that I love you!  I told you stories about our family!  Ha!  

It took a while for you to fall asleep.  I had to rock you, nurse you twice, and walk with you.  Finally, you fell asleep around 10:40pm.  Then, I closed my eyes too.  ;-)  The nurse took you for a weight check and bath at midnight and then we were up nursing again by 12:30am.  :-P

Sleep tight!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment