Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Feeling Better?


Dearest Miracles~

Well, I woke up feeling a lot better this morning.  I took my temperature at 2am (had to change Grace anyway) and it was 98.7 degrees.  I didn't throw up all night, which was an accomplishment!  I even got a little sleep.  ;-)

Today was cold with heavy rain!  Daddy went back to work and Penny came this morning to help out.  Needless to say, Joshua, you and Penny did not make it to the park due to the weather.  :-(  But, you all still had fun around the house with Grace and myself.  You and I had walked all around the house, started the laundry, loaded the dish washer, mailed the mortgage, and eaten breakfast all before Penny got here.  :-)

Penny played with Joshua and Grace a lot.  She brought over some hair bands for Grace so I had fun taking some pictures.  ;-)  Penny left before 1pm, when the two of you all went down for a nap.  I didn't nap though since I knew I would need to feed Grace.  Plus, Joshua, you didn't sleep for long.

Oh, Joshua, you had a good lunch for Penny!  You finished your container of beef and veggies and ate a whole container of yogurt.  You didn't finished your sippy cup though because you fell asleep.  But, you finished it once nap time was over.

Joshua, you were so sweet after your nap.  You woke up crying from the crib.  I picked you up, changed you, and sat with you on the couch as you drank your sippy cup.  I had just finished nursing Grace and she was napping.  Joshua, you curled up next to me on the couch so sweet.  You don't do that too often since you like to walk around and play with your toys now .... so I just held you and told you how much I loved you!  :-)

We all continued to play in the bonus room this afternoon.  Joshua, you ate another container of yogurt for me for dinner and then took another sippy cup in the evening.

However, when daddy got home, things changed .... daddy started to feel sick as he was driving home from work.  :-(  Once, he got home, he went straight to bed.  That left the three of us in the bonus room .... and for some reason, that's when you two both decided to get fussy!  Grace, you wouldn't let me put you down and Joshua wanted attention at the same time.  There were periods this evening when I had to just listen to both of you two cry and cry because I didn't have enough hands.  :-P

Finally, you two were winding down for bed.  Daddy went into the guest room so the three of us could be in the bedroom.  Daddy had already thrown up a few times, so we didn't want the stomach bug to hit you two also.  Trust me, it wasn't fun!

I put Joshua on the bed next to me and he curled up there as I nursed Grace.  Joshua fell asleep, and once Grace fell asleep, I put her in the bassinet and checked on daddy.  Then, I went down stairs to eat a cheese stick and crackers for dinner (at this point it was almost 11pm).   Needless to  say, I didn't even get a shower today.  :-P  As I brushed my teeth, Joshua began to stir and wake up.  He looked up, then sat up, and then promptly threw up all over the bed!  Ugh!

Daddy was awake in the next room so he was able to help me.  He stripped Joshua and gave him a quick bath.  I stripped the sheets and changed over the linens.  Then, I dressed Joshua because daddy got sick again.  :-(  I carried him back into the bedroom and sat down holding him on the bed.  He hugged me for a while and then quickly threw up again .... this time it got all over me and not the bed.  :-P

So, Joshua, you got changed one more time.  :-P  And, daddy and I had to change tactics.  Obviously he was catching whatever daddy and I had, and we didn't want Grace to get it .... at this point Grace was the last one 'standing' .... even the cat had thrown up!

Daddy and Joshua therefore spent the night camped out in the bonus room while Grace and I spent the night in the bedroom.  Joshua, you had thrown up one more time before finally going to bed just shy of midnight.  Poor little man!  I felt so bad for you.  :-(  I pray that you and daddy get better soon and that Grace doesn't catch it.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you two very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment