Friday, March 11, 2011

Car Wash


Dearest Little Miracles~

Hello cutie pies!  Grace, you were awake a lot again last night and this morning.  :-P  I found that I need to hold you for a long period of time before you go into a 'deep' sleep.  If I put you down too soon after nursing, you wake right up.  :-P  Also, I noticed that you sometimes fall asleep while nursing, but you're not eating .... you're just lightly 'sucking' as comfort.  If I give you a pacifier, you don't appear to like it.  So, I occasionally have to let you suck until you fall asleep.  Then, I have to hold you to make sure you're sleeping.  After that, I can place you in the bassinet.  I think I was awake every hour this morning either holding you or nursing you .... and there was one hour in there where I was woken up by Joshua tugging on my hair.  Again, little man, you managed to noodle into our bed.  Our bed is getting more and more crowded.  :-P

Mimi came over around 9am and took Joshua to get new shoes.  The shoe store employee said that a child's foot can grow every two months.  So, since it's been a while since you got fit for shoes, she took you this morning.  Your size 4 shoes technically still fit you in length, but when they measured your feet, they found out your feet are wide.  So, now you have size 4W shoes.  ;-)  I'm not too surprised .... there are a lot of people in our family (both sides) who have wide feet!  While there, Mimi also picked up a pair of size 5W for you to have.

Afterward, you two went to the car wash.  Joshua, this was your first car wash experience.  Daddy and I just wash our cars at the house, so you've never been to a place where the car is on a roller and huge brushes wash the car.  Mimi said you liked watching the cars go by and seeing all the machines go off to wash, rinse, dry, and wax the cars.  But, you two had a little bit of a scare too.  The car wash employee accidentally locked Mimi's keys in the car!  So, they had to 'break into' her car by popping the lock.  :-P

You two were back home by lunch time, but Joshua had fallen asleep in the car.  So, Mimi and I ate as you napped.  Grace, you and I then went upstairs to nurse and watch the UNC game.  The ACC tournament started yesterday, but we didn't have to play until today since we were the regular season champions.  We won, but barely!  It was a buzzer beater shot (literally 0.2 seconds left) by Tyler Zeller that gave us the win over Miami .... and ironically our only lead of the game!  Whew!  So, we play again tomorrow at 1pm.  Hopefully that game won't be so close.  :-P

Oh, Grace, you and I also did a few loads of laundry this morning and cleaned up a little around the house.  Also, we finished part of daddy's birthday gift!  Now, we just need to pick up one thing from the store and we'll be done.  :-)

Joshua, once you woke up, Mimi gave you some lunch and then she left to run some errands.  The three of us played in the bonus room until daddy got home.  Which, by the way, is our favorite time of day .... when daddy is home and we're one little family of four again!  :-)

Since daddy didn't see the game, he quickly watched it since it was recorded.  We played around while the game was on.

Tomorrow is saturday and the weather is suppose to be beautiful!  Maybe we can get out and enjoy some of it.  

Sleep tight little precious gifts!

I love you very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment