Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chasing That Cat


Dearest Blessings~

Today we flew solo again!  I didn't get much sleep last night and this morning though, so I was a tad sluggish.  :-P  Grace was up all night.  But, despite being tired, we got through everything pretty well together.  :-)

Joshua, you were so picky at breakfast this morning!  I hope you learn to eat more soon!  Once Grace was fed and napping, you and I practiced your walking.  We walked all around the upstairs.  At one point, you and I walked around and around the bonus room 'chasing' after the cat!  You never did catch him, but you got really close a few times.  ;-)  Before we know it, Grace will be moving around and that cat will have to hide from both of you!  

After lunch, Joshua napped as I nursed Grace.  Then, I cut Joshua's finger nails since that hadn't been done in a while.  You were still wearing pajamas which covered your feet, so I'll have to do your toe nails later.  I was just happy to get those fingers done!  Oh, and once Grace fell asleep, I was able to nap for one hour!  Woo hoo!

Grace, I don't know what it is, but you tend to get the hiccups every day!  :-P  I rocked you when you got them today and they eventually stopped.  I also noticed that you're getting little 'crusties' around your eyes.  Joshua use to get those too.  I've been gently wiping your tear ducts with a warm washcloth each time I change you.  Hopefully, they'll go away soon.  :-P

Grandpa Jim came over to see you two after work.  He was heading over to church for the Ash Wednesday service but wanted to visit first.  We had a really nice visit with him!  Joshua, you walked all around with Grandpa Jim as Grace napped.  Then, you ate some cheerios.   Also, you sang your 'nanana' song for him.  It was so cute! We're planning a visit next month to see your Great-Grandparents in Asheboro.  We talked about that while Grandpa Jim was here.  Once Grace woke up, Grandpa Jim got to hold her before heading to church.

Mimi and Grandpa Mike came over for dinner afterward.  Mimi gave Joshua a bath as I swept and vacuumed the kitchen after dinner (this also has not been done in a while).  There was food everywhere since we were behind on our chores.  :-P  Grace, you took a little nap in the crib as Joshua had a bath.  See Joshua .... the crib is for sleeping!  If Grace can do it, I'm positive you can too!  Let's continue to work on that so you can sleep in your own bed for a full night!  :-P

It rained this evening so the four of us relaxed in the bonus room.  It's still amazing to think 'the four of us' or our 'family of four' .... we're so blessed to have you two!  Oh, Grace, you have the cutest little smiles and half smiles as you nap .... especially when you're full!  ;-)

Tomorrow, Penny is coming over to help out and to start bonding with Grace as well.  Also, the ACC tournament starts!  UNC doesn't play until friday, but I'm sure we'll have some of the games on tomorrow too.  ;-)

Sleep tight!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment