Friday, March 4, 2011

Independent Walking


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

You two will never believe what I did today!  I locked myself in the bathroom by accident!  Ha!  Ok, ok, I'll get to that story later ....

First off, Grace .... you and I had a rough night!  It took you a while to fall asleep, but once you did, the cat kept me up all night.  If I got out of bed to nurse or change you, he would try to attack my feet from under the bed.  If I closed the bedroom door to keep him out, he would hit the door with his paws and meow very loudly!  Ugh!  What should we do with him tonight?  :-P

Oh, I didn't tell you .... Grace, you and I are sleeping in the front bedroom.  Your brother keeps noodling into our bed, and when he sleeps, he kicks around.  So, since I don't want to be kicked .... especially near the staples (I think I have 12 at the C section incision) .... I'm staying in the guest room and you're in a bassinet near me.  

We saw deer in our backyard this morning!  Joshua has seen them before, but this was Grace's first time seeing deer!  We saw at least four of them!  They were so pretty.  :-)

Joshua, guess what .... you're WALKING!  You're actually taking more and more steps independently and standing for longer.  You still mostly crawl places, but you're getting braver and want to walk more!  Daddy and I are so proud of you!  :-)  I tried to take a video of you walking, but of course, you stopped once I had the camera on.  Oh, and you like to walk with your hands and arms up in the air!  It's so cute!  ;-)

Grace, you had your first pediatrician appointment this morning.  Mimi came over to watch Joshua as daddy and I took you.  Dr. Medero saw you (she also sees your brother) and said everything was looking great!  She checked your lungs, heart, skin, eyes, ears, mouth .... you now weigh 7 lbs.  You were 7 lbs when you left the hospital (it's normal for babies to lose weight after birth), so you've maintained your weight since wednesday.  Now, Dr. Medero wants to make sure you're gaining weight, so we have another appointment on monday morning for a weight check.  I'm suppose to continue nursing you until then to see how well we're doing.  The lactation consultant was there today, so I got to see her and ask her questions.  It was perfect timing because you got hungry while there.  So, as I nursed you, she came in to see how we were doing and to help.  :-)  They actually weighed you after I nursed you and you had gained 1.1 ounces!  Woo hoo!  ;-)


Oh, I almost forgot .... when we stripped you down to get weighed, you immediately pooped and peed all over the exam table!  My oh my!  It took a while for daddy and I to clean you up.  :-P

Ok, so this evening daddy decided to change the door handles on some of the doors around the house.  They aren't broken, but we're trying to do little things around the house to improve it.  He also switched the toilet seat in the master bathroom.  So, anyway, I went downstairs to grab something, and without thinking, I went into the bathroom downstairs not noticing that the door handle was off.  :-P  After I used the restroom, I figured out that I couldn't get out of the bathroom!  It was locked and there was no handle!  Ahh!  I called to daddy upstairs (through the handle hole) and he came down to help get me out.  The first thing we both did was laugh at my situation!  But, then we realized that Grace was hungry, and both of you all were upstairs by yourselves!  Daddy popped the door open (it took a while) and then he put the handle on the door.  Ha!  :-P

This evening, we saw Aunt Katie after work.  She got to hold Grace for a while as we visited.  Then, daddy made some dinner and we relaxed in the bonus room.  

Tomorrow we'll probably relax all day!  Or, at least I hope so!  ;-)

Sleep tight little precious angels!

I love you both so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment