Monday, March 21, 2011

New Blanket


Dearest Miracles~

Hello precious children!  Today we had a few visitors and we all got out of the house!

First off, I had a quick post operative appointment with the OB to check my incision site.  Mimi came over in the morning to watch Joshua as I took Grace.  I was tempted to leave Grace home as well, but something inside me said no .... with my luck Grace would get hungry while I was gone.  Sure enough, as soon as I sat down in the waiting room, you began to stir.  Once I was called back, you were crying!  the doctor took a quick look .... everything was healing nicely .... and then I quickly nursed you in the exam room to calm you down.  :-P  I calmed you enough to get back in the car and make it home (the office was right around the corner).  I have one more check in about a month and then I'll be all done for a year!  Woo hoo!  

Joshua, you and Mimi were listening to music when I got home.  Once we got there, I continued to nurse Grace and Mimi and Joshua went to the store to pick up more ice for our cooler.  Our fridge still isn't working, and we're trying to keep Joshua's whole milk from spoiling.  While out, Mimi got Joshua a toy and picked us up an extra cooler.  :-)

Mimi left right after since she had some work to get done.  Joshua, you and I walked around the downstairs until Eliza got here.  You did really well for your physical therapy appointment again!  Of course, you always tend to 'show off' for her!  :-P  You took lots of steps again and stood for minutes at a time.  You still get down to crawl for the majority of the time, so we think it's your confidence at this point.  You have the motor skills and the control to walk .... you just want to crawl more.  :-P  Also, for the first time (at least that I've seen), you stood for us, bent down and picked up and toy, and then stood back up again with out touching someone or something for support!  You don't do it consistently, but it was impressive!  After the appointment I called daddy to let him know what you can do now!  :-)

We had a little bit of downtime after Joshua's appointment.  He drank some milk and then I rocked him to sleep.  You napped for a while as I nursed Grace.  As Joshua was napping, a friend from church came over, Jane Baker.  She made Joshua a blanket after he was born, and she came over today to give us a homemade blanket that she had made for Grace!  It's gorgeous!  The colors are beautiful and I was impressed that she had made it!  She got to hold Grace as we talked (Joshua, you continued sleeping upstairs).

Aunt Katie came over before daddy got home.  She got to play with both of you two and hold Grace as Joshua played in the living room.  Then, daddy got home and we all got to visit for a little while.  

We had lasagna for dinner, and Joshua ate some from daddy's plate!  Good job little man!  Perhaps you're getting better with food now?  

This evening we all played together.  Normally daddy would have a soccer game, but his game is on tuesday this week.  So, we got to spend the evening with him in the play room.  :-)

Tomorrow, the fridge repair man is coming.  I'm hoping everything is fixable!  

Sleep tight little blessings!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment