Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Headache


Dearest Gifts~

I have to tell you both .... you two can certainly wear someone out.  :-P  I'll admit, I was exhausted today!  It started out with Grace's late night and early morning feedings.  These nursing sessions at 2am, 3am, and/or 4am or starting to wear me down.  I remember being tired with Joshua at this age too since I was pumping at the same time.  I would feed him at these hours and then stay awake and pump right after.  :-P  Some times, little ones, I feed Grace at 4am and my stomach will start growling.  So, I've even gotten up and eaten a snack at weird hours of the day.  And, then try to get some sleep before daddy's alarm goes off or Joshua wakes up!  

Joshua, you then keep me on my toes as the day progresses.  I'm doing my best to walk you all around the house whenever Grace is napping.  Though, I have to admit, sometimes I just sit with you and play if I'm tired.  :-P  We'll be able to get out of the house and take walks once the weather gets nice, and Grace is better able to hold her head up (newborns are born with their heads not screwed on tight enough).  ;-)

Today was one of those days where both of you two were active.  Either Grace always wanted to be held or Joshua wanted to walk around everywhere and needed attention.  Because of this, I didn't eat a lot during the day.  I've started to just snack as the day goes on and eat lots of mini meals.  Today, I should have eaten more since I was tired as well.  By this afternoon, I had a big ole headache and was super excited to see daddy when he got home!  :-P

We cooked dinner together .... eggs, bacon, and toast .... and my headache eventually diminished.  I hate not feeling well with you two because I don't want you all to think I'm ignoring you.  :-P  

Daddy had a soccer game this evening .... it didn't start until 9:45pm, so we were able to hang out with him for a while before he had to leave.  And, Uncle Brennan came over too to visit with you all.  They won their game by the way.  :-)

Joshua, you have figured out how to turn on our cellphones!  It's so cute.  I'll have to get a video of you doing it. 

Oh, almost forgot .... the repair man came today and fixed our fridge!  It needed a new mother board in the back.  It didn't take him long to fix it and we had most of our food back in the fridge by the evening.  Yippie!  No more living out of coolers!  ;-)

Since daddy was gone, I was in charge of putting you all to bed.  Grace fell asleep after being nursed, so I had a little window to work with Joshua as she was in the bassinet.  Joshua, I turned off all the lights in the bonus room and we curled up together on some pillows.  I rubbed your back as you rubbed your eyes and yawned.  We did this for about 30 minutes.  I thought you would start dozing and I could move you into the crib, but you never did.  Then, Grace woke up hungry.  :-P  So, I brought you into the bedroom and you curled up next to me as I nursed Grace in the bed.  You eventually fell asleep at 10pm, but then Grace stayed awake.  :-P  The two of you were finally sleeping by the time daddy got home and Joshua, you were in your crib by midnight.  :-P

Tomorrow is a Penny day, so she's coming over to help out a little in the morning.  She's been getting here around 9am and leaving around 1pm recently.  Those few hours are helpful though since she's so interactive with Joshua and takes him to the park.  Joshua, I know you like playing in the swings!  :-)

Sleep tight little blessings!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment