Friday, March 18, 2011

Healing And Gaining Weight


Dearest Angels~

We had a pretty busy morning today.  Joshua, since you didn't really sleep well last night from your crib adventure (and therefore we didn't sleep well either), I had to wake you to get ready for the day.  Mimi got here around 8:45am.  Joshua's post operative appointment with Dr. Ross was at 10:15am, so we needed to leave around 9:40am to get there in time and give us time to unpack you two.  Mimi got Joshua ready with breakfast and an outfit.  I nursed Grace and then got ready.

I'm able to drive now, so we packed you two up in my car and I took all four of us to Dr. Ross's office.  Joshua, you made a weird coughing noise in the back seat right when we were about to pull into the parking garage.  I thought I smelled something, but didn't say anything until I parked the car and checked on you two .... my guess was confirmed .... Joshua, you had thrown up in the car!  It mostly got on your shirt, jacket, and pants.  :-P  The car seat appeared unharmed.  Good thing I always keep an extra outfit in the diaper bag for you all!  We tried to clean you off as best we could.  You felt warm to me, but that was also because you were wearing a jacket.  I kept the jacket off of you for the rest of the day.  You didn't act fussy either.  Perhaps you felt sick from last night too .... being up and crying all night .... maybe you made yourself sick?

Anyway, once we got Joshua cleaned up and brought you all into the office, we were told they were running late.  Ugh!  Joshua, your appointment was at 10:15am and we didn't see Dr. Ross until 11:15am!  And, I hadn't eaten anything so far today!  I had no time this morning trying to get you two ready and fed.  :-P 

Once Joshua and I were in the exam room (Mimi stayed with Grace in the waiting room) Joshua started to get a little fussy.  Of course, it was getting late and you had thrown up, so I'm sure he was getting hungry!  Also, I had a feeling Grace was getting hungry in the waiting room.  :-P  Dr. Ross finally came in and took a look at your incision sites from your surgery.  She said everything was looking good and healing nicely!  She still wants to see you back in 6 months to make sure things are still going well.  I made that appointment before we left. 

Grace was getting hungry as we were leaving, so we quickly made it back home for lunch time.  Mimi ran out to pick up sandwiches for us as I nursed Grace at home.  Joshua, you fell asleep in the car so we placed you on a pillow to sleep as I fed Grace.  Once you woke up, you had some chicken with us. 

We had about an hour of down time before Grace and I had to leave for her pediatrician appointment.  Her appointment was at 3:10pm for her 2 week check up.  Mimi stayed at the house with Joshua as Grace and I went.  This appointment was a lot quicker, and they even took us early!  Grace, you now weigh 8 lbs 6 ozs!  And, your slightly over 21 inches long!  She said you're looking great and we can keep up the good work of nursing since you're gaining weight.  The only thing she recommended was to give you a little dose of 'Tri Vi Sol' which is a Vit D supplement given to babies who are breastfeeding.  Formula is fortified with Vit D, so until you're on formula or whole milk, I'll need to give you a little dropper of the vitamin at least 4 times a week. 

Dr. Medero's girl is almost 7 years old, so she wanted to hold you as we talked because she wanted some 'baby time' with a cute baby!  :-)  Then, she handed you back to me and said to 'enjoy her'!  :-)  I had to nurse you there since you got hungry, but then we headed back to the house. 

Daddy was already home and Mimi was about to leave as we pulled in.  We spent the rest of the evening playing with daddy and watching the UNC basketball game.  The NCAA tournament has started and UNC is number 2 in our part of the bracket.  We ended up winning, which means we play again on sunday. 

Joshua, you didn't take a nap this afternoon, so you were sluggish this evening.  You were calmer than last night and more mellow.  You actually fell asleep next to daddy in our bed as I nursed Grace.  We were all so tired that we let you be, though we'll need to put you back in the crib again at some point.  :-P

Tomorrow is saturday and it's suppose to be a gorgeous day!  Maybe we can get out and have a walk!

Sleep tight little precious children!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment