Monday, March 14, 2011

Daddy's Birthday


Dearest Miracles~

Grace .... happy two week birthday!  Wow, time has flown by!  You go back to the pediatrician's office this friday for your two week check up.  :-)  I wonder what you'll weigh then.

Guess who else has a birthday celebration today .... daddy!  :-)  Daddy turns 31 today!  It's ok if I tell you his age since I'm actually 3 months older.  ;-)  I bet you all think we're really old!  Also, today is 'Pi Day' .... you'll figure that one out when you're older!  ;-)

Daddy had to go to work today, so we spent the day together playing.  I was exhausted from last night and this morning since Grace was up.  Whenever I put you down, little lady, you wake back up immediately.  So, I have to hold you for a while to make sure you're sleeping.  There's even been a few times where I had to lay you on my chest to sleep and then take a little 'cat nap' myself briefly.  Anyway, as luck would have it, Joshua ended up sleeping in a little which was greatly appreciated! 

We went into the bonus room to organize ourselves for the day.  Joshua, I'm still changing and feeding you on the floor, so I know you're probably getting bored of staying upstairs all day.  But at least we walk all around the upstairs when Grace naps to stretch your legs.  I have, just a few times, had to 'lift' you small distances (like over the play gate or on the bed), but I try not to do it a lot to give my muscles a little longer to heal.  I have my 3 week follow up appointment with the OB next week.

After a round of nursing this morning, I put Grace in the swing and then fed Joshua while pumping.  I'm going try to do one pump in the mornings to build up a little supply of milk in the freezer for emergency.  It wasn't a lot since I had just nursed Grace, but I'm hoping it'll add up .... and something is better than nothing.  :-P

Oh, I got some icky news today.  Apparently, since I'm not full time, I don't qualify for short term disability.  Therefore, my maternity leave is leave without pay.  :-(  It doesn't effect the amount of time I'm allowed to take, but it's still a bummer that we'll be down to only one income for a while.  Daddy and I will look at our budget to see how long that will work.  Of course, the HR department at my work just now told me this!  How organized!  :-P

Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty relaxing.  We played together and both of you all went down for a nap around 4:30pm.  :-)  I started to read on my Nook the book 'Around the World in 80 Days' since I knew I would have to nudge Grace to eat soon after (or else I would have napped too!).  

Daddy got home early and Joshua immediately woke up to see him!  You two played as I nursed Grace.  Then, we went downstairs for some leftovers .... Joshua, you actually ate some lasagna for dinner!  And, we had a piece of ice cream cake. We even sang 'Happy Birthday' to daddy!  :-)

Daddy had a late soccer game tonight (it didn't start until 9:45pm!).  Uncle Brennan came over a little before to visit with you all.  Once they left, we stayed in the bonus room until Joshua got tired.  Then, I moved you all into the bedroom hoping you two would fall asleep.  Joshua actually woke back up and Grace started crying.  :-P  So, it took a while to calm you two .... but you all were perfect, sleeping angels by the time daddy got back home.  ;-)  Oh, and they won their game.  :-)

Daddy said that coming home from work and seeing you two was all the birthday gift that he needed.  And, I believe him!  We're so blessed!  

Tomorrow is our third wedding anniversary!  I can't believe it's already been three years!  :-)

Sleep tight little blessings!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment