Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Day Of Spring


Dearest Miracles~

Hello precious children!  Today is the Spring Equinox .... the first day of Spring!  I wish I could tell you Spring started out with beautiful weather and the day was relaxing, but instead, the day was a little chilly and we had some excitement.  

The morning started pretty typical with us eating breakfast together and daddy and I doing some chores around the house as you all played.  Since UNC was playing at 12:15pm, I went downstairs after 11am to go ahead and prepare something for lunch.  Well, I knew we had a pizza crust in the freezer and I figured a quick pizza would be easy to make before the game started.  However, when I opened the freezer I noticed water dripping everywhere .... never a good sign!  :-P  Also, the food in the freezer was thawing and the temperature wasn't holding.  I called upstairs to daddy and he took a look at it as well.  We tried a few things .... thinking something just got reset by accident .... but it didn't take long for us to realize that our refrigerator and freezer had died!  Ugh!  

Luckily, we have an extra freezer in the garage.  So, we were able to save some things in there.  But, we had nothing to put our milk in (and we had just bought a gallon for Joshua yesterday!).  

Anyway, we watched the basketball game .... UNC won but it was a very close game .... we're now in the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA tournament and play again friday evening!  Once the game was over, Mimi and Grandpa Mike were here.  They brought over a cooler and some ice.  So, now we have a cooler in the kitchen to serve as our fridge until someone can take a look at ours.  I called a few places, and a repair man is coming over tuesday (between 1pm and 5pm) to take a look at what's going on.  I don't know if it's fixable, and I don't know if he'll be able to fix it then or not.  We may be without a fridge for a while.  :-P  Daddy thinks it's the compressor, so we'll see.  

Once we moved things over to the cooler, Grandpa Mike and Mimi took Joshua over to Zebulon.  Grandpa Mike has an Aunt in a nursing home there and they wanted to visit her and show her Joshua.  Grace, you stayed here with daddy and I since I'm still nursing you.  Plus, we didn't know if anyone would be sick there .... your little immune system still needs to build up.  :-)


While at home, the three of us took it easy in the bonus room.  We watched a little television as I nursed Grace.  Joshua was back home by 5pm and then we made some dinner.  We cooked some chicken and pasta.  Joshua, you ate some of our chicken!  Good job little man!

This evening we all played upstairs.  I took a really quick shower, but I didn't time it right since Grace started to get hungry!  Daddy had to rock her for a little bit until I got out.  :-P

Tomorrow I have a post operative appointment with the OB to check my C-section incision.  I haven't had any problems, so I'm not anticipating a long appointment.  Joshua, you have a physical therapy appointment with Eliza.  Maybe you'll walk more?  ;-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment