Friday, March 25, 2011

Pizza Please


Dearest Blessings~

What a cold day is was!  We stayed in the house all day, except when we checked the mailbox.  :-P  The sewage workers were out there all day .... really close to our backyard.  The trucks were loud, but Joshua liked to look out the window at them.  

Joshua, you woke up early again today.  Grace, you slept a little better though I had stomachache all night.  Grrr!

Grace, you still have your umbilical cord stump.  I put alcohol on it every time I change your diaper, so I'm hoping it comes off soon.  I forgot to tell you, in the hospital, after you were born, daddy and I were told that you actually had a three vessel cord after all.  Remember at our 30 week untrasound they said you had a 2 vessel cord?  Generally, people have three vessels .... one vein and two arteries.  With a two vessel cord, babies are more likely to be born small or with kidney or heart problems.  That's why I had the extra ultrasound at Wake Med in September. 

Joshua, you and I walked all around the upstairs and downstairs today.  You're getting better but still fought me at times and wanted to crawl.  We also spent some time looking out your window in the play room.  We didn't see our neighbor's dog, but we saw some birds.  :-) 

We started a new book .... 'The Time Machine' .... this book is pretty short so I'm sure we'll finish it by the weekend.
Joshua, you ate better today.  I tried to give you mini meals about every 2 hours.  I gave you a sippy cup at 8am.  Then, you ate yogurt at 10am.  At noon you ate more yogurt and cheerios.  We'll see if you keep it up.  

You both had the hiccups today.  Grace, I'm use to you having the hiccups.  Joshua, you haven't had them in a while, so it was cute when you got them.

I sang the ABC song and rocked each of you to try to get you both to nap today.  I did it to Joshua after lunch while Grace was napping.  Grace, I did it to you in the afternoon while Joshua was napping.  It only worked on Grace.  :-P  She fell asleep on me.  Joshua, you acted like you would fall asleep, but then you started playing.  :-)  Eventually, you both fell asleep in the afternoon and I was able to nap for 30 minutes, which was refreshing!  :-)

Grace, you have blue eyes right now.  I wonder if they'll stay that way.  Also, I've noticed that the newborn diapers are getting a little snug on you.  That seems to fast!  You're almost a month old and we may have to change you to the next size of diapers soon.  You're growing up too fast!  Once you move on to size 1 diapers, I'll definitely be sad.  What if that's the last newborn diaper I change?  I know that sounds silly, but you two are getting so big right before my eyes!  When Joshua came home from the hospital, he was still in preemie diapers!  I don't remember how old or big he was when he switched to size 1 diapers.  I could look back on these letters to see.  You still have a box of newborn diapers, so we'll finish those and then see if the size 1 diapers are too big or just right.   

Good news .... we made a homemade pizza for dinner tonight and Joshua ate a lot of it for us!  Woo hoo!  We saved the last slice in case he wants more over the weekend.  :-)  Also, we watched UNC play tonight and we won!  Yippie!  We're now in the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament and play again on sunday.  :-)

Oh, we tested Joshua with a hard top sippy cup this evening.  We only put water in it, but he drank from it!  He still prefers the soft top ones, and we had to help him with the hard top, but he still drank water from it.  :-)  And, on a side note .... it has only taken 3 days for you all to fill the diaper container.  :-P

Tomorrow's saturday!  Woo hoo!  It's suppose to stay cold, so it might be a movie at home day.  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment