Tuesday, March 29, 2011

So Sick


Dearest Children~

Today was not a good day .... I was so sick!  I started to not feel well around 11pm last night.  Since then, I pretty much threw up on the hour, every hour, until around 6am.  It got so bad that I just left a bin near me on the bed to throw up into.  :-(  I must have gotten some form of food poisoning, or some weird stomach bug.  Since I took the last tylenol last night, Grandpa Jim came over this morning to bring me some more to help reduce my fever.  I took one at 7am and was finally able to keep water down.

I hate being sick .... and it's even worse when you have to care for other people too while being sick.  Luckily, daddy was able to work from home today to help me out.  I don't know what I would have done if he couldn't stay home.  :-P


I kept taking my temperature throughout the day and it ranged from 99.5 degrees to 100.5 degrees.  Joshua, I ended up drinking what was left of your pedialyte since I was dehydrated when I got up.  Also, I drank some of your apple juice.  Thanks for sharing!  :-)

The weird thing that kept happening to me was that I continued to shiver as the day went on, but the house was apparently warm.  :-P  And, at times I could feel myself sweat, though I would be cold.  I continued to take tylenol throughout the day.  By the evening I was able to eat some saltine crackers and keep them down.

I tried to take a nap here or there, to rest, but Grace was so hungry and didn't want me to put her down.  So, I didn't get a lot of relief except in small doses.  Finally, you two both went down this evening, and I tried to go to bed a little early as daddy read.

I hope tomorrow is better.  Penny will be here to help out.  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment