Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Solo Mommy


Dearest Blessings~

Hello little miracles!  Today was our first day by ourselves!  Mommy was flying solo with you two, and I have to say we did pretty well together despite the fact that I was out numbered.  ;-)  I don't think the two of you realized you had the upper hand though!   

Also, despite being by ourselves with no help, this was a pretty peaceful day!  We had no television on and just listened to music, talked, or read together all day.  Whenever Grace would nap, I would walk Joshua all around the upstairs to stretch his legs and practice.  We tried going from crawling to standing a few times, but you would rather crawl, little man.  

Breakfast, I have to admit, was a little rough.  But, after three diaper changes (Grace was twice!) .... one round of nursing .... 1.5 yogurt containers .... half a sippy cup of formula and whole milk .... one hiccup episode followed by one throw up episode (I caught most of it on your daddy's shirt which I was wearing) .... and two outfit changes (Grace and myself) .... Joshua was finally playing and Grace was sleeping on me.  :-)  Not too bad for my first day.  :-P

Joshua, you had a big poopy diaper this morning!  I still don't lift you around.  So, I change you on the floor and feed you in a little chair on the floor in the bonus room.  But, we got in the habit of doing that when I was pregnant with Grace.  I didn't want to lift you a lot then to save my back, so we did a lot of things on the floor the last couple of weeks I was pregnant.  I don't even think you notice it anymore.  :-)

Oh, speaking of poopy diapers .... we tease you two because Grace poops all the time, but Joshua's diapers are stinkier!  ;-)

We worked on daddy's birthday gift together.  His birthday is on the 14th .... monday.  And, our 3 year anniversary is on the 15th!  We're cheating a little and trying to combine the two for him, but we thought of something nice to get him, so I don't think he'll mind much.  :-)  I still need to pick something up from the store and finish another part on the computer.  Then, we should be pretty much done.  :-)

This evening daddy cut Grace's nails as she slept.  I tried to cut Joshua's, but you wouldn't let me.  I'll have to try again tomorrow when you're napping.

Oh, I had to take the batteries out of the play yard gate since they were going dead.  I felt bad because Joshua kept going over there to turn the music on, but every time I went downstairs I forgot to get new ones.  Plus, Grace was napping and I didn't want her to wake up.  

Tomorrow we'll be flying solo again!  So far so good .... we all seem to be bonding together well and Joshua has even begun to touch Grace on the head (usually gently) while I nurse her.  :-)

Sleep tight!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment