Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Better Breakfast


Dearest Miracles~

Boy, did you two really keep us awake last night!  Grace, you would not let me put you down to save my life.  :-P  Every time I thought you would be good and fast asleep, you would wake right up once I put you in the bassinet.  And, Joshua, you weren't any better since you fought sleep until around 11:30pm!  My goodness, we were so exhausted with you by the time you fell asleep that we just left you in our bed and didn't even move you.  Of course, we paid for that later since you ended up kicking us all night as you slept. 

I was exhausted this morning when Penny came over.  I think I actually went to bed around 5am  (I think I was awake every hour before that either dealing with Grace or dodging Joshua's kicks) .... daddy's alarm went off at 6:30am .... daddy left at 7:30am .... and I moved you two into the bonus room after 8am.  Joshua, I put you on a pillow in there and you stayed sleeping as I nursed Grace.  When Penny got here at 9am, you were still sleeping!  

Penny was a big help though since she did a lot with Joshua as I tried to get some things done around the house and try to rest.  They always say to 'sleep when the baby is sleeping' whenever you have a child .... but that obviously only applies to single child families!  Whenever Grace is sleeping, I'm watching Joshua .... if Joshua takes a nap, chances are I'm nursing Grace!  Every once in a while you all time it just right that I can 'close my eyes' for a little bit.  :-P

Anyway, I did a few loads of laundry today as you all played.  Penny is a great nanny .... she never turns on the television and always has Joshua doing something engaging.  We practiced your walking and she even took you to the park for a little bit.  She brought over some of her papers from her conference about 'sensory processing' and children.  Oh, and you ate a good breakfast for Penny!  You ate cereal with whole milk and pears mixed in!  Then, you ate half a yogurt container and half of your sippy cup!  Good job little man!

We played with Joshua in the nursery for a while.  We're trying to teach you that it's a 'fun' room to be in so that you'll get more accustomed to sleeping in there.  We put stuffed animals all around it for you to play with.  

After lunch, Joshua took a little nap.  Penny placed you in the crib and you stayed sleeping for almost 2 hours!  Woo hoo!  Penny left after you fell asleep.  I nursed Grace and then was able to take about a 45 minute nap myself.  :-)  

We made another shepherd's pie for dinner and Joshua ate a good amount from daddy's plate.  :-)  He also had some of our cookie cake too.  ;-)  Then, we all played in the bonus room after dinner.  We tried to give Joshua some extra milk and snacks this evening .... perhaps you're not going to bed because you're hungry?  We did our normal bed time routine and you still fought sleep again.  Daddy even put you in the crib and played with you for a while (at this point it was after 10pm!).  Then, we decided to give you another 5 ounces of whole milk .... you drank it up and immediately went to sleep on a pillow next to daddy!  At this point it was 11pm and two of you all were snoring.  I, of course, was wide awake nursing Grace.  :-P  At least we got one to go to sleep.  ;-)

Penny's going to come over again tomorrow to help out.  Tomorrow's suppose to be pretty, so I'm sure she'll take Joshua to the park again.  :-)

Sleep tight!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment