Saturday, March 5, 2011

Regular Season Champions


Dearest Blessings~

Today was a lazy saturday!  We didn't even leave the house!  But, we all needed that!  This past week has been so busy for us.  We've had a lot of visitors and phone calls .... we needed a little bit of laziness to unwind.  ;-)

First off, Joshua .... you slept in your own bed until 3:30am.  That's OK, but not great!  We need to extend that for a few more hours!  ;-)  Especially since we have a newborn who wakes up around 2am-3am also.  :-P  You should already be sleeping through the night in the crib, but for some reason you still need someone there next to you.  We'll have to keep working on that.  Once my staples are out (monday) and I can fully lay down and get up by myself, Grace and I will be moving back into the bedroom.  So, you'd better behave .... it's about to get crowded in there!  

Grace and I, on the other hand, fell asleep around 1am and then woke up at 5am!  Woo hoo!  That was greatly appreciated!  We have another appointment with the pediatrician on monday to check your weight, so I'm trying to make sure we're doing our best at nursing.  So far, I think we've been doing well.  I had some bruising this past week since we didn't 'latch' on correctly at first.  But, everything has healed and it's getting easier to nurse now.  I'm proud of us.  :-)

Grace, you and I snuggled a lot today.  I tried to pass you on to daddy a lot after I would nurse you.  That way, you two could start bonding as well.  Then, I would get down and try to play with Joshua.  I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you right now .... I'm not suppose to lift anything 'heavy' .... and for once, little man, you're considered 'heavy' .... which is a good thing!  So, others have been picking you up.  If I change or feed you, we do it on the floor.  :-P  But, we still manage to play together!

We did have one person drop by our house.  One of David's coworkers from his previous job, Barbara, came over with gifts for you.  Joshua, you've met her before.  She gave Joshua a toy golf set (which is actually for older kids so we'll have to hang on to it for a while) and Grace a UNC outfit in pink.  ;-)  She got to hold Grace and play with Joshua.  

The rest of the afternoon was relaxing.  We did dress Joshua up in a UNC shirt for the last regular season UNC basketball game .... UNC vs Dook.  This time, we had the home court advantage and we beat them 81-67!!  Grace and I fell asleep at half time, but daddy recorded it for us.  ;-)  That means, UNC won the regular season championship!  Woo hoo!  The ACC tournament starts next weekend, so we'll see if we can win that as well!  :-)

Tomorrow is suppose to be a rainy day, so I'm sure we'll stay in again.  Oh, I've been taking my blood pressure and it's stayed down all day.  I still have feet and ankle swelling, but it hasn't increased or gotten worse.  I still think it's just retained fluid, but to be safe I haven't been taking the pain relievers since it could be a side effect. 

Sleep tight little angels!

I love you both very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment