Sunday, March 6, 2011

Precious Giggles


Dearest Blessings~

Boy, did it rain all day today!  At times it really came down hard!  Needless to say, we all stayed inside and relaxed.  We weren't going to take you two out in that weather.  

We had a pretty lazy morning.  We were all tired and I even dozed a little while rocking Grace after a nursing episode.  Daddy played with Joshua.  We ran some laundry and caught up on some chores.  I also noticed that my swelling has gone down.  I'm still monitoring my blood pressure just in case, but so far it's been pretty low.  

Grace, you and I did a lot of 'eskimo kisses' today .... I use to do them with your brother when he was a baby!  That's when you rub your noses together.  If I try that on Joshua now, he would just swipe my glasses.  :-P  But, I can do it to Grace and it's so cute!  

This afternoon we had some visitors.  Cousin Stephanie, Charlie, Gigi, Uncle James, and (Great) Aunt Beth came over.  Joshua had fun playing with Charlie, who's 15 months older.  You did try to hit him a few times, but you were just playing.  You do the same for Grace, so we're trying to teach you to be more gentle with her.  :-)  They all got to hold Grace and play with Joshua.  Joshua, you look so big compared to Grace!  

By late afternoon, people had left and Joshua took a nap.  We all went to the bonus room to rest.  At dinner, Joshua giggled at Grace and tried to play with her hair.  You tugged it a few times, so I had to make sure you weren't being too rough with her.  

Grace, this evening was your first official bath at home!  I gave you a sponge bath on the changing table.  Your umbilical cord seems to be healing nicely.  You cried during the bath, but I think it was just because you were cold.  Once you had a little outfit on, you were fine.  Your hair was so fluffy after your bath!  Joshua's hair would get really fluffy when he was a baby too!  It's so cute!  And, little Grace, you smell like a baby!  I love that smell!

I nursed Grace on the couch in the play room this evening and watched Joshua play all around.   Joshua, you were so cute and kept smiling at us as you played.   I talked to you as you played and daddy read a little.  Then he tickled you, little man, and you laughed and laughed your precious giggles!  I absolutely love your giggles!  Also, I put Joshua's hand in Grace's hand and it looked so big!  Ha! 

Tomorrow we all have a busy day .... all three of us have appointments.  Grace, you have a weight check at the pediatrician's office at 9am.  You were 7 pounds even on friday and Dr. Medero wants you to gain at least an ounce a day.  So, I'm hoping for a weight of 7 lbs 4 ozs to be safe.  Think we did it?  We've been working hard on our nursing.  

Joshua, tomorrow you have your physical therapy appointment with Eliza at 12:30pm.  I think she'll be impressed with the amount of walking and standing that you're doing now.  I know daddy and I are!  We are so proud of you!  :-)

And, lastly, I have an OB appointment at 3:45pm to finally get these staples out!  Woo hoo!  I'll feel much better without these!  ;-)

Sleep tight everyone!

I love you both so much!  

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment