Friday, January 8, 2010

Twelve Weeks

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little thing! Today you are twelve weeks old! Yippie! Daddy had off today, so we got to spend the day together as a family again!

Daddy and I cleaned the house. Daddy vacuumed the downstairs and I did the dishes. We wanted to make sure everything was all clean for you. Then, we all watched a bluegrass movie together for lunch. :-) Later, for dinner, your grandpa Mike and mimi came over to see you. They brought over a rocking chair for us to use!

When daddy changed you this morning, you decided to pee everywhere! So, daddy got to change you and put you in a new outfit .... a Yale onesie. This would be a good time for me to explain to you what daddy and I do for a living. :-)

Daddy and I both went to UNC for college. But, we studied different things. Daddy majored in business and I double majored in chemistry and biology. Your daddy went to graduate school at Yale for his MBA. He works for the State working on budgets. I went to Dental School at UNC and became a dentist. :-) So, you have Yale and UNC in your wardrobe, though the clothing is definitely shewed to the UNC side, since that was our undergraduate degrees. Plus, that's where we fell in love and where daddy proposed! One day, we'll take you to the campus and show you where daddy proposed .... on the steps of the South Building. :-)

I did a quick way to get an estimate on your weight today. I weighed myself, then changed you, and then weighed myself again holding you. You were wearing a diaper and a onesie, but it said I gained seven pounds. So, I'm guessing you're between 6.5 and 7 lbs. :-)

Oh, one more thing .... since daddy was home, I ran an errand for about an hour today while you and daddy bonded .... this was the first time daddy has been alone with you, and the first time I've left you since the hospital! I got back as soon as I could .... I missed you!

Rest up little man!

I love you!

~Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Dear Joshua,

    Do you like ice cream? I love ice cream. I know it’s about 20 degrees outside right now, but for some reason I just want some ice cream. Yum yum.

    Uncle Zeker

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are good photos! The one of you and Joshua is so sweet, and Joshua is really cute in the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Uncle Zeker~

    I love milk, so I'm sure I'll love ice cream once I try it! I haven't been outside recently .... my mommy keeps me bundled and warm! Love you!

    ~Joshua

    ReplyDelete