Thursday, January 14, 2010

Belly Button

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweet thing!

Today was a good day for you. You did a lot of resting .... which means I did too. ;-) I took a little video of you waking up after a nap. But, as soon as I finished taking the video, you actually fell back asleep.



I never really thought about this before .... but when I was changing you today, I stopped to notice and think about a bond that the two of us share .... your belly button. I know this sounds corny and weird to think about, but for weeks and weeks this was the link between you and me. This bond, of when you were in my belly, is only between us and no one else. You and I will always share this connection, and your belly button is a reminder. Of course, my belly button links me to my mommy .... but yours will always be linked to me. You are a precious little miracle from God. :-)

When daddy came home, we played on the bed again. You've been staying awake at night to about midnight. Then, it takes you a while to fall asleep.

I hear you breathe a lot when you sleep .... like little, tiny snores. I remember weeks ago, after you were born, you needed help to breathe! I would smile at your little cries because it meant your lungs were working! Almost thirteen weeks have passed, and you remain healthy! What a blessing!

Sleep tight little man!

I love you! :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joshua,

    Today in Chapel Hill we had an heat wave, for it almost got to forty degrees, at least for a minute or two. Everyone here is pretty depressed at the loss last night. For some reason our new Walgreens seems to be doing well, especially since they sell snuggies and blankets. I'm still writing about defective or deponent verbs.

    Uncle Zeker

    ReplyDelete