Monday, January 4, 2010

Little Ankles


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweet little thing! How are you today? :-)

We spent a lot of time today smiling at each other …. or at least I smiled at things you were doing. You like to do little half smiles, especially after you’ve had a full bottle!

I was thinking today about the blessing of life, and how great God is …. creating little babies with perfect little features. For example, this was the first time that I really stopped and noticed your little ankles. I know that sounds strange, but it’s so amazing! My mom gave me something when I was pregnant with you. Only a hand few of people knew that I was pregnant during Mother’s Day of last year, and your gigi was one of them. She gave me a card with song lyrics inside it. The song is entitled “I Am” by Mark Schultz, a Christian artist. One verse has the words:

“I am the One who even knew you

Before your birth .... before you were”

God knew you before you were born, and he created you perfectly, just as you are. Your daddy and I wouldn’t want you any other way!

I told you a story today about a dragon. It wasn’t too creative since I was tired and I was trying to get you to fall asleep! Your uncle James knows lots of stories since he’s a writer. I’ll have to get him to tell you some.

Sleep tight little guy …. tomorrow’s another big day!

I love you! :-)

~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua. I just got back from my writing group. I hope you grow up to like stories too.

    Uncle Zeker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Uncle Zeker~

    I already love stories! Since I am unable to talk in complete sentences that my parents can understand (I do talk, they just don't know what I'm saying - so frustrating!) I have become a good listener. My mom told me a story about a dragon, but it was nowhere as creative as your stories. I need you to tell me some neat stories! :-) Love you!

    ~Joshua

    ReplyDelete