Monday, January 25, 2010

Case of the Mondays

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious!

Today started out pretty plain, but then it ended with a bang! Let me explain ....

The morning was pretty typical. A bottle and diaper change here and there. You napped a little. I cleaned a few things and tried to rest when you were resting. Even the cat was lazy (though that's not too unusual as cats go!).

Once daddy came home, it was still pretty typical .... you sat in your chair with daddy watching you and cooking. I ran upstairs and took a shower. But then, after dinner, starting around 8pm .... you started your longest crying performance to date! It was quite a feat! Daddy walked with you. I tried the pacifier. We swayed with you. We tried your chair. We gave you a bottle. Finally, at around 1am, you began to really doze! Whew! Hope we don't have too many of those nights again!

Penny came back over this afternoon. We showed her where things are in the house so that thursday will run smoothly for you two. She's very excited to watch you!

I'm in the book of Exodus for my daily Bible reading. I'm getting closer and closer to the stories about Joshua. I've already read about the battle between Joshua and Amalek. Joshua won, with the Lord's help, and Israel prevailed. :-) Joshua was a strong man of God, and you will be too! The Lord's already looked after you so far, and daddy and I have faith that He'll continue to protect and be with you. ;-)

Try to sleep better little fellow!

I love you very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment