Thursday, January 28, 2010

Off To Work We Go

Dearest Joshua David~

Well, this day has finally come .... my first day back to work and your first day home with a babysitter. :-( I prepared all your bottles this morning, and daddy changed and fed you before he left for work.

It was really hard for mommy to leave you today. We had some time alone together this morning before Penny got here. You were sleeping, so I just whispered to you while you rested. I told you that I didn't want to go, but that I loved you very much and would come back home as soon as I could. You stirred a little, but kept sleeping. I gave you a little kiss on your nose.

I have to admit I cried a little in the car as I drove off this morning. But, daddy, Gigi, and our friend Stephanie, all sent me phone messages that we both would be ok today. :-) I asked daddy to call Penny at lunch to check on you, and you two were doing well. You had just finished a bottle and were sleeping.

Once I got home, daddy was already there and had changed you. I gave you a bottle and then played with you. We're suppose to get some heavy winter weather tomorrow night, so daddy ran to the grocery store this evening. While he was gone, I curled up in the bed with you and rocked you. You fell asleep on my chest again and I took a picture with my phone. :-) Once daddy got home, he curled up in the bed with us .... it was the best part of my day!!

Sleep tight little man!

I love you so very much! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment