Friday, January 15, 2010

Thirteen Weeks

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man! Today you are thirteen weeks old! Plus, you have officially been home from the hospital for one month! We took you home on December 15th and now it's January 15th! :-)

Today started out exciting .... you decided to pee everywhere when I changed you early in the morning, but I was too quick for you! You missed me! :-) Instead, you wet the washcloth that I put on you! After cleaning you and putting you in a new outfit, we were set for the rest of the day. :-)

I did another guess weight on you. I weighed myself first. Then, I changed you and weighed myself again holding you. You were wearing nothing but a clean diaper. The scale said that I had gained 7.5 pounds! Since it's just an estimate, I'm guessing you're between 7 and 7.5 pounds. When I was born, I was 7 lbs 9 ozs! You're almost to the weight that I was as a newborn! ;-)

This evening I gave you a bath. You were really calm during it and didn't really try to squirm. I put all your clothes and linens aside so that I can wash them all tomorrow.

You did something funny this afternoon. As I was eating lunch, you were sleeping, but you squirmed in such a way that your head was kinked. It didn't look too comfortable, but you kept on sleeping soundly. I started to laugh at your position. :-) You squirmed a little after awhile, and when you did, I repositioned you.

Your nails have gotten sharp again. You cut yourself this evening, so daddy clipped your nails. Afterward, you danced with daddy and I. :-)

Sleep tight little man!

I love you! :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joshua,

    Princess Éfhelìnye doesn’t have a belly button. To know the reason why, though, you’d have to read the story, as soon as I finish writing it.

    One of my favorite films is Conan the Barbarian. When you get older we can watch it. It has swords, warriors, and a giant snake. One of the best parts is this exchange:

    Khitan General: My fear is that my sons will never understand me... Hao! Dai ye! We won again! [Cheers] This is good. But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
    Khitan General: [Cheers]...That is good.

    This is an actual paraphrase of a line from Genghis Khan. And that’s your Genghis Khan reference for the day.

    Uncle Zeker

    ReplyDelete