Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day Spa

Dearest Joshua David~

We woke up to snow again today! It got warmer today, so some melted, but there's still a good amount left of the roads, cars, sidewalks, and houses.

Grandpa Jim and Gigi came over for lunch. Since they don't live that far, they hopped in Grandpa Jim's truck and braved the snow on the ground (though by then the roads weren't that bad). They both held you while you were sleeping.

Today daddy and I did some laundry for you and us. We washed all your dirty outfits, linens, and towels. Now everything is fresh for you. :-)

Well, little man, today was the last day of pumping for me. I wanted to finish up the month to give you some extra milk. But, now with work starting, it's getting harder to keep on a pumping schedule and feeding schedule for you (and still get some rest/sleep!). Plus, I would always feel bad whenever I put you down to pump when I could be holding and playing with you. I have some mixed emotions about this, so this will take some time to get through. This will be hard for mommy. But, have no fear! I've been working really hard for you, and have been pumping milk for three and a half months .... so, I have built up a pretty good supply for you during this time .... we have 266 containers of milk in the garage freezer and fridge freezer! The garage freezer has nothing but milk in there for you! So, by combining that with your formula bottle a day (which may go to two a day in the next week), we can make this milk last a good amount of time for you! :-)

I gave you a bath today, and daddy clipped your nails. Your toe nails were getting long, so he tried to clip at least the big toe. We told you that you were at a "day spa" since you were getting your hair and nails done (or at least getting your hair washed!). ;-)

We'll see what the roads are like tomorrow. Maybe things will clear up more.

Sleep tight little fellow!

I love you so much! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment