Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cleaning and More

Dearest Joshua David~

Today was a busy day for me! I tried to prepare the house for tomorrow, when Penny will come over to watch you as I go back to work.

I straightened the downstairs and tried to organize things. I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the living room. I did some laundry and made my lunch for tomorrow to save time in the morning. I plan on preparing your bottles tomorrow morning fresh so that you'll be ready to go. Also, I stocked up your changing table so you have plenty of diapers and wipes. Daddy took all the trash out when he came home from work and helped me with last minute things to prepare.

I made an emergency phone list for Penny. That way, if something happens, she could also call one of your grandparents or the Pediatrician. I'm sure you all will be fine, but it's better to be safe!

Guess what? Daddy and I ordered an ottoman for the downstairs to go in front of the couch. It's nice and soft with no sharp corners, like the table that's there. The table is actually your (Great) Uncle Laurence's. He made it when he was in high school. Gigi said she could put it in her house. This way, when you start to become more mobile, you won't hurt yourself on the corners of the table. The ottoman's cozy, and we've already played on it. :-)

I held you for a long time today. I figured out a trick to get you to fall asleep. It doesn't work all the time though! But, tonight, when you were getting fussy, I placed you on my chest and put the pacifier in your mouth. You usually calm down with the pacifier (not always), but once you drop it you cry again. So, with you on your belly, I positioned you in a way that it was hard for you to lose the pacifier. Plus, I could keep your head to the left to help your neck muscles. You eventually calmed down and then slept on me for 2 hours! I felt bad because after a few hours I had to move and stretch, but I didn't want to wake you! Oh well. ;-)

You're a sweet boy and I don't want to leave you tomorrow.

Sleep tight!

I love you very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment