Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Great Eating


Dearest Blessings~

Whew .... we were up early this morning!  You two had clean diapers, clean clothes, ate breakfast, and I had finished an elliptical workout by 8:40am!  I did another 30 minutes and 3.5 miles!  Woo hoo! 

You two had snack time after and we were back upstairs playing by 9:30am.  We got ready and left at 10:15am to make it to Joshua's feeding therapy appointment with Krista.

Little man, you ate really well at this appointment!  You ate all the chicken and sweet potato that I had cooked!  You probably had about 1.5 tablespoons of both and really liked the chicken!  I was so proud since I had cooked it all!  Plus, you ate your yogurt!  Whoa!  Prior to the appointment you were weighed .... 27.4 lbs!  :-)

We got home in time to quickly straighten and then Quinn came over.  She had an earlier opening today so she saw you at 1pm instead of 4:30pm.  You did great Joshua!  You imitated and repeated a lot of words and sounds!  She taught us some more signs and you even said some words with no prompting or signs.  :-)

We went upstairs after and I ready you all two stories before naptime.  You two were snoring my 2:40pm.  While you two were sleeping, I entered the state fair's photography contest again.  So, we have two months to decide what photograph we want to enter!  You two are my inspiration, so you all also need to encourage me in taking photos!  :-)

You two helped me make a healthy dinner again.  We made some chicken with spinach, corn, and onions.  We used our sweet potato side from yesterday.  I also made some mac and cheese for you two and Joshua ate a lot!  And, he fed himself!  Joshua, you also asked for water at dinner with words and signs with no prompting!  Wow!  :-)

There was more Olympics this evening!  We watched some diving, swimming, and gymnastics.  Joshua, you said some more words with no prompting .... bubbles and water.  Grace, when are you going to start talking with little words? 

I have a Bible verse I'd like to share with you two.  This was a part of my daily reading:

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.
James 1:19-20

I'm sharing this with you because I wasn't a good mommy today and wanted to let you know that I was 'quick to anger' today with you two.  I could easily blame it on 'lack of sleep' or 'being tired' but honestly, there's no excuse for me getting mad at you all.  I hope you two forgive me because I'm honestly sorry.  I felt so bad when little things got me mad and started to cry when I thought about it again.  I'll try to be a better mommy because you two certainly deserve it!  I love you both so very much!  

Grace, you crawled into Joshua's bed again this evening and fell asleep.  You two talk to each other in bed.  It's cute!  After awhile though, you ended up noodling into bed with me .... oh well!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment