Friday, July 6, 2012

Bowling Fun


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Today is Gigi's birthday!  Woo hoo!  I won't tell you her age, but it has two 5's in it.  ;-) 

You two were up early again .... before 6:30am.  This surprised me since you all go to bed so late.  :-P

But, since you all were awake, we got ready for the day early.  We were at the Honda dealership by 9am.  Oscar (I've affectionately named the minivan 'Oscar the Odyssey' for now) needed to have his splash guards installed and I needed to turn in the extra key to the Escape (since I didn't have it with me last weekend when we traded it in).  It only took about 30 minutes.  We played in the kid zone.  Joshua, you ate a cup of applesauce at 8am before we left, but Grace ate a little bit of popcorn with me (I broke up the pieces).  You all played with blocks and colored with some crayons.

By mid morning we were at Gigi's house.  We gave her the birthday card you all made and she loved it.  We also got to visit with Uncle James and (Great) Aunt Beth who was in town from Wilmington.  We had lunch there and then you two fought naps.  :-P 

You all played after nap time and then saw Lois and Grandpa Jim.  You two also drew with (Great) Aunt Beth.  Joshua, you went over flash cards and words with Uncle James.  :-)

We had a thunderstorm early in the evening, but we didn't let that damper our birthday fun.  We all headed over to the bowling alley for some fun!  Daddy met us there after work!  Lois, daddy, Gigi, and (Great) Aunt Beth all bowled.  I bowled a few frames and even got a strike since you two were cheering me on!  Gigi tied for first place in the first game!  Happy Birthday to her!  You two had fun watching, eating, and walking all around the alley with Grandpa Jim and Uncle James.



We did end up getting home late.  Grace, you were fussy since you were tired, but you all finally settled down and were both snoring by 10pm.  Whew!  What fun!  Maybe we can sleep in tomorrow morning.  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment